Justin Bieber

Booed at Canadian Award Show

... But He Wasn't There

3/31/2014 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

033114_justin_bieber_junoawards_launch_v2
Justin Bieber won a Juno Award Sunday night ... and surprisingly, most of the Canadians in the building booed the ever living crap out of him.

Biebs won the "Fan Choice" award ... but clearly the audience in attendance didn't agree -- and when his name is called the place erupts in boos.

Lucky for Justin, he didn't go to the show ... and Canada's Olympic curling team accepted on his behalf.

Later in the night, a Canadian singer named Serena Ryder defended J.B. after winning an award ... but the damage had already been done.

Burn, eh.

barnyardhumor

People needs to start booing some of these nasty celebrities - Miley Cyrus, Kardashians - when they appear.

Calico

I had the blessing to see and hear "The VInyl Café" in Quebec City last night front row center - now THAT is talent and genius. I think these shows are the most listened to podcasts in Canada. Check it out if you want some real entertainment in song and story from The Great White North.

fandinomia

As much as I wanted to hear booing, I didn't hear any..call me crazy or just call tmz desperate for more articles on that little d bag. What? Did they hear 3 people booing and thought "hey I think we could blow this out of proportion! Its what we do best!".

Susan62509

Doesn't Serena Ryder read the news?

I'm A Lawyer

The guy known for "Baby baby baby", a song he didn't even write. Awesome "musician"? GTFO

kathryn

Well the kid/ Adult does not even have to be some where. And it goes bad. Wake up call son.

isitin

You could not find a better quality clip TMZ?. We do have HD TV up here in The Great White North.

SNAFU

Bang goes the image of Canadians being polite.

F'U

What's the ****ing point he wasn't there...Damn crazy ass Canadians.I wonder did you guys ever boo the drug addict mayor of Toronto Rob Ford.

The Man They Call Louis

Wow! lol, is it really that bad for him in his own home country?

Dave

Makes me proud to be Canadian! Way to go, Winnipeg. Go Jets Go!

jjbythesea

Justin who? He is irrelevant.

DiM

I've worked a couple of Junos and the Junos are usually a group of people who feel they are cultural "elite", so not surprised at all. It's not like the AMA's or anything.

vidsoon

He may work his ass off but he still has no talent.

Toilethead

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. Everybody hates the little gay Canadian.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments