Josh Elliott

I Wanted Out of "GMA" So Bad

I Took a Pay Cut!

4/1/2014 6:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Josh Elliott Leaving GMA

Josh Elliott was so disgusted with ABC ... he took a pay cut of more than a million dollars ... multiple sources connected with both ABC and NBC tell TMZ.

Our sources say ABC offered Josh between $4 and $5 million to stay, but he chose NBC despite the fact that they offered him just over $3 million.

We're told Josh was at the point of no return when Robin Roberts signed a $14 million a year contract to anchor GMA.  He felt slighted by the ABC offer and just wanted out.

Sources say the feeling is mutual.  As one source put it, "He's definitely an abrasive guy."  Another source says, "People hated him.  He was always just rude."

And get this ... we're told just weeks ago Sr. VP of ABC News James Goldston confronted Amy Robach -- Josh's replacement on GMA -- and called her "toxic" because she created tension on the set.  Indeed, we're told Amy and Lara Spencer "hate" each other and can't hide their contempt.

Another source says Robin Roberts hasn't helped matters -- one person saying she acts like a "diva" on the set.

As for Josh's future ... our network sources say NBC did NOT promise Josh any role on "Today," but we're told there's no doubt he's got to the top of the heap as the likely successor to Matt Lauer.

Morning TV ... it's just like grade school, only all the students are really rich.

sam2659

I loved Josh I do not think Robin is worth 14 mil a year why because she got sick? George is worth more than that

Norm

Josh, you are noo Robim Roberts! You just passed on the only job that made you recognizable in the media. Have fun in obsurity!

FEDUP365

He's got no room to whine like a spoilt little rich bitch. Put in your time before you whine about getting paid to much. Maybe your next move will get you paid even less.

Liz

I have notice that Josh is very rude, I don't know why he can compare himself to Robin because she has been on the show a lot longer than him. I notice Robin acting like she is better than others, she not humble anymore I guess being popular gone to her head. Robin needs to remember where she came from. Amy needs to go I can see she is nothing but trouble. Lara is okay and I feel sorry for poor Ginger the weather person, Sam left just in time . I was sad to find out he was a homosexual. So Robin needs to take a good look at herself and remember what the Lord has done for her a few years ago and the Lord does not like the relationship she in. So Josh by,by, you need to go.

Chgome

Hard to fell bad for anyone that ONLY makes 3 or 4 million isn't it.

Why on God's earth does anyone make 14 million (Robin) for nothing. It's the end of the USA empire. WATCH

Sunshine

1. No rational for the exorbitant salaries these talk show hosts are paid for arriving by private car at 4 or 4:30 in the morning. Makeup, hair, manis/pedis and a clothing allowance, along with shoes. On the air for one (1) hour, five (5) days a week. $14 million annually. Really? Gimme a break!!!!!
2. Josh . I wish him well and that he will realize, soon, that he is NOT a coke and a bag of chips.
3. Robin. Well, glad that she continues to win the battles. Fake eyelashes are much too long; foundation much too thick/pastey. $14 million. Inconceivable. Even $4 million. For what????

j

Yes, I am tired of Robin Roberts. Unfortunately she has become a diva. I am n advanced cancer survivor and feel her cancer has been played up TOO much. I am tired of this show that I used to love watching. Hope they get their act together on this show very soon.

Newport Polo Dude

Sam was canned and moved on, it is time for Josh to cut his ties with a dying horse ! Robin is always about the blacks and there is no way that lesbian is worth $14m a year, hell lesbians don't even like her! GMA is just a commercial for Disney.............

Lisa

This has to be an April Fools Joke. There is no way to fake the chemistry they all had together. Totally Miss Sam!!!

Kathleen

Who cares? This show has become little more then a Star Tabloid. George had better bail or he soon won't be taken seriously~!

sam2659

KOsh YOU are worth way more than Robin So is George

Melissa

I JUST LOVED JOSH SAM AND ROBIN THE DREAM TEAM
CANNOT BELIEVE HOW ABC TREATED JOSH
STUPID MISTAKE ABC NO JOSH NOW NO SAM
AMY DOES NOT DO IT FOR ANYONE.
NO MORE NUMBER ONE STATUS FOR YOU.
IF JOSH ENDS UP ON TODAY YOU ARE TOAST!!
ABC HOW CAN YOU BE SO SO STUPID TO ALLOW THIS
TO HAPPEN? SO STUPID ABC

Dave the Canuck

The y should fire the entire "Goo" Morning America on-air staff! Start with that phoney beeeeach Lara Spencer.

Susan62509

If ABC was smart, they'd fire all of them starting with Matt Lauer and bring in a new cast keeping them all at the same pay level until they proved themself.

Greg

I can't watch George without remembering when he and Clinton were in the Situation Room for the first time and George ask General Powell if he could were his "hat".

George is very politically biased, and the rest of the people are just trying to see who can wear the skimpiest outfit.