Jennette McCurdy

Feud with Nickelodeon

Is All About Money

4/2/2014 7:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jennette McCurdy Feud NickelodeonJennette McCurdy's beef with Nickelodeon is strictly about the almighty dollar ... and how she makes less than her "Sam & Cat" co-star Ariana Grande ... TMZ has learned.

McCurdy was a no-show at the Kids' Choice Awards over the weekend, and took to Twitter to air her grievances, writing, "I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing."

McCurdy was quick to explain she was talking about Nickelodeon and NOT her racy photo scandal.

Our sources say the source of McCurdy's dissatisfaction is rooted in her paycheck. We're told the pint-sized star is pissed that Grande makes WAY MORE money than her and she's been trying to renegotiate her deal ... so far to no avail.

The show is one of the most popular on the network, but production has been halted and so far a second season has yet to be ordered.

We're told McCurdy doesn't have a problem with Grande personally ... just with Nickelodeon. For their part, a rep for the network says, "We have nothing but the utmost respect for Jennette and her talent."

Yurra Knutz

Keep it up (you sort of a big deal you) and you won't even be able get a "victim read" in a Sharknado series flick.

Tabitha

Adriana is annoying on the show. (I have a kid, don't judge) Jeanette is the character we like to see. The show is popular, they need to pay up or loose a popular show.

sparkarov

Jennette seems talented but the fact is, Ariana has more of a fan-base. Aside from acting, she also has a rising singing career and has branched out more than Nickelodeon, so business-wise it makes a lot more sense why they would pay her more.

Cookie35

She's lucky, she makes even that! She's to old for nickelodeon!!!

stacey

she should be glad they even given her the role she ugly andshe can't act.!

Samfan121

I think Jannete is right, Nicelodion shud pay Jannete just the same as Ariana

M Collins

I've been watching both these girls since ICarly. I love them both. But Ariana should not be making more.
They should either be paid the same or Sam (JM) should
make more. She was a star on ICarly and Ariana was in
the cast. Nick is being unfair. And like I said I love them both. GO "SAM"!!!! Rootin' for ya'!

nguyenvtien

That's an interesting post and she is fantastic

marcell

greed! holding out is now the standard. making more money is more important than being a role model. I will never take this generation shows and actors/actress seriously because there is no meaning and no true value. I will stick to my boy meets world watching to get good value out of a show.

wg6100

Mexicans taking our jobs.

geowisp

I like TMZ

nyc44th

I don't know who this chick is but it's obvious she is just another vapid, dyed blonde, fake tits LA cliche desperately trying to be relevant with her 'self' shots TRYING to be sexy.

Imonetoremember

This show really pales in comparison to icarly. Even Victorious, which really squandered the vocal talents of the other characters, still had a better story line. Sam and Cat is poorly written. I think ole' Dano is getting tired from all these shows he's done and it's showing in the writing and characters.

Between Jennette's own words about how much she hates people, and her trashing her ex, I'm not sure I feel that sorry for her. She's making a fuss which I can understand but nobody is going to hire her after all this feuding and fussing.

Grande was just quoted as saying that she began distancing herself from Jennette after the leaked photos and that she's the star not Jennette so it's ridiculous for her to think she'd make as much money as her. That chick always seems fake. She had a feud with her last co-star on Victorious. I think both these girls are brats, who probably need to move on from Nick.

Why didn't they do a show with the cast members who were actually funny or better at acting? Jerry Trainor, Miranda Cosgrove, Liz Gillies, etc.. I'd take Liz Gillies acting or singing over Ariana's acting or singing any day.

Michelle P

Clearly Ariana is the bigger star so she will get paid more duh and that song the way is my jam

lowie

It's all about tots and ass on nick and Disney