Jennette McCurdy

Feud with Nickelodeon

Is All About Money

4/2/2014 7:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jennette McCurdy Feud NickelodeonJennette McCurdy's beef with Nickelodeon is strictly about the almighty dollar ... and how she makes less than her "Sam & Cat" co-star Ariana Grande ... TMZ has learned.

McCurdy was a no-show at the Kids' Choice Awards over the weekend, and took to Twitter to air her grievances, writing, "I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing."

McCurdy was quick to explain she was talking about Nickelodeon and NOT her racy photo scandal.

Our sources say the source of McCurdy's dissatisfaction is rooted in her paycheck. We're told the pint-sized star is pissed that Grande makes WAY MORE money than her and she's been trying to renegotiate her deal ... so far to no avail.

The show is one of the most popular on the network, but production has been halted and so far a second season has yet to be ordered.

We're told McCurdy doesn't have a problem with Grande personally ... just with Nickelodeon. For their part, a rep for the network says, "We have nothing but the utmost respect for Jennette and her talent."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Anna91

Hate Jennette McCurdy .. The only Star in this Show is Ariana ♥ :D

John

I think Jennette went too far this time

John

This isn't about the money

Melissa Malone

I love watching & listening to the theme song to Sam and cat on Nickelodeon

Samantha Lester

For the record this is a rumor about making more money! Ariana has confirmed this. She doesn't make more then Jennette they make the same amount of money.

Jennette was mad about something else to do with nick. Several people have said both actresses are tired and have been working very hard. Jennette's just blowing smoke.

I love both Jennette and Ariana as both actresses and singers. Jennette should be just as big as Airiana is in her music career she is so talented. I've heard her acapella covers and they are incredible. They both deserve fame.

But I have to say that Sam and Cat is not my fav dan shnieder show. It's not his best work not one bit. iCarly and Victorious were so much better.

Jennette's lucky that it became a hit and that she's on the show I'm sure if Sam and Cat wouldn't have been made Jennette would have never made it anywhere else. She would have faded. While Ariana could have gone into Music and would have still become a huge music star.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7