Paula Deen

Restaurant at Center of Racism Scandal

Shuts Down

4/3/2014 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Paula Deen Restaurant Closes

Uncle Bubba's Seafood & Oyster House -- the place where Paula Deen's empire crumbled -- just closed for good, and the way employees found out is just shocking.

The company did NOT tell its employees in an open meeting or face-to-face.  The workers showed up this morning only to find the sign down and appliances being removed from the joint.

The only explanation was posted on the restaurant's Facebook page this morning -- "Thank you for 10 great years. Uncle Bubba's is now closed."

People were pissed off, including one woman who says,  "My mother worked there for over 8 years and no one called her!!! My fiance also worked there no one called him, in fact a UB manager called him LAST NIGHT to get his availability for next week!"

Another wrote, "My mother put in some hard work for years with you & she finds out when she shows up for work this morning to be escorted by a police officer to get her belongings."

You may recall ... the GM of Bubba's sued Paula ... and during her depo Paula recounted the story where she once used the N word to describe an African American man who held her up.

We reached out to Deen's rep ... so far, no word back.

0403_paula_deen_happier_times_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

People Annoy Me

I'm kinda surprised it lived so love during the whole scandal anyways.
EVERYONE and their mothers were on the "Let's hate Paula Deen train".
The employees are right to be mad, but I think we all started to see it's doom after the whole "racist" thing.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Did diabetes take Paula out yet? No TMZ posts on her until it does

Truth

THAT'S HOW YOU CLEAN HOUSE. #TRUTH!!

Woot

Anything she touches will eventually die a miserable, embarrassing death.

pudge facker

Everything aside, Paula Deen is a total c u n t. She can take her s h I t t y food and go f u c k off and die.

Skywalker

i guess white people are finally learning. you don't mess with black people.

Adrain96

Good riddance. But that was sh!!ty way to let go of the employees...that bitch got enough dough to offer severance.

WLou

You mean to tell me these people are *******s?! No way?!

Shocker!

Wow ...

You know, I was willing to support a comeback for Paula, but this is fvcked up! How can they NOT give their staff members notice???

twhiting9275

You have a 'career' in a restaurant . Sorry, but that's as disposable as it gets.

Welcome to the real world. Now, go get an education and a REAL JOB

wisey

Who would have thought a restaurant called Uncle Bubba's would be racist and poorly run? I guess I wont be needing my tuxedo tonight after all.

Nicci155

You may want to recheck your source. According to the news here in Savannah all the employees are in a meeting right now

EggsOverEasy

Another unclassy act from an unclassy family.. They could learn a thing or two about how to treat people...

K South West

I love white people...I have a white friend...his name is Mustafa Al Hakeem Shabazz Motherland Brown

Jim

This is what happens when someone makes false allegations and the media runs inflammatory stories about something that happened DECADES AGO. People loose their jobs. So what are you so mad about? You got what you wanted, right? Doesn't matter that dozens of loyal employees lost their jobs because of this BS, does it? Suggestion: Be careful what you wish for.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments