« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Charles Barkley

Michael Jordan Is So Cheap

He Won't Give Money to Homeless People

4/4/2014 8:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

040414_charles_barkley_launch_v2

Michael Jordan is an absolute CHEAPSKATE ... so says his BFF Charles Barkley who claims MJ is so chintzy, he actually SLAPS Barkley when he tries to give money to homeless people.

Sir Charles appeared on "Conan" last night and spilled all the dirt on his pals -- saying," There's nobody cheaper than Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan ... he's cheap."

"I always give homeless people money and [MJ will] always slap my hand and says, 'If they can ask you for spare change they can say 'Welcome to McDonalds, can I help you please?'"

Barkley says he's the exact opposite -- and believes VERY strongly in tipping huge ... "The more successful you are, the more you should tip. I truly believe that."

In fact, Barkley says he once tipped a blackjack dealer $25k ... and feels bad that he didn't give more.

Barkley says there's one more famous cheapskate who's up in the Pantheon of all-time tightwads ... check out the clip to find out who. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tmon3ydadjmbr

Sometimes you have to understand if people have two hands, two feet and a mouth they should be able to ask for help not a get by for a day like go to a clinic and get cleaned up and ask for a odd job, people act like there aren't temp agencies, thrift stores and people who can actually help it's not impossible, im young but I worked temp agencies I have a job I save money to shop at the thrift store I mean it's not hard and I have support from family some friends and doctors. I mean use what you got.

dick

This is why I would never have never will be Jordan's

Butthead

Naw man... He's just wearing his Hanes too tight and has his Nike shoes shoved up his Butt.

Hearts8701

Very true about Scotty Pippen in Chicago waitress call him no tippin Pippen

Rigby

I agree with MJ the last bum I saw was holding a sign and texting on a phone... Nope.

CLINT

Being a heartless cheapskate is the least of this arrogant mans problems. He constantly cheated on his wife to the point whre he had to dole out hundeds of thousands of dollars to the women he banged. As an athlete and basketball player, he was the best. And like Kobe, I respect their game on the court. But as men, they are some of the worst.

Nobody Special

Mike is very generous, he has done some great charity work in Florida to a couple of my charities. And both Mike and I don't call the media and ask for a photo-opt or tell them how much money we raised and donated. Mike has never once asked to get credit when donating money. Gloria Estefan is another person who gives so much and does not call the media to get some photo-opt.

marmar

Damn MJ i can't believe.

JinnerJin

I told TMZ a few years ago (before the cheating thing) about two experiences I've had with Tiger when I worked at PF Chang's in Manhattan Beach and Newport Beach... He would spend a hundred dollars on food and never tip! He is known in the business as a cheap a-hole!

August

What a coincidence...I won't buy any of Michael's crappy useless products or anything he's selling

Yurra Knutz

I tip all of the time.
Here's a tip...
February 30th is a great day to get married.

T bone

Y not give $25k to the homeless instead of a black jack dealer dumb ass

PsilocybinRain

He's kind of cheap. I worked a club he was at after the KY Derby one year. He got comped a 500 dollar bottle of liquor, and didn't even tip the bartender a dollar. Nothing but love for Jordan btw, but he is indeed pretty cheap

Elias Schulkin

Jordan's response was hilarious: http://igg.me/at/SmartMio/x/5944165

August

A man who CHEATS ON HIS ENTIRE FAMILY is no one to look up to...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments