« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Charles Barkley

Michael Jordan Is So Cheap

He Won't Give Money to Homeless People

4/4/2014 8:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

040414_charles_barkley_launch_v2

Michael Jordan is an absolute CHEAPSKATE ... so says his BFF Charles Barkley who claims MJ is so chintzy, he actually SLAPS Barkley when he tries to give money to homeless people.

Sir Charles appeared on "Conan" last night and spilled all the dirt on his pals -- saying," There's nobody cheaper than Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan ... he's cheap."

"I always give homeless people money and [MJ will] always slap my hand and says, 'If they can ask you for spare change they can say 'Welcome to McDonalds, can I help you please?'"

Barkley says he's the exact opposite -- and believes VERY strongly in tipping huge ... "The more successful you are, the more you should tip. I truly believe that."

In fact, Barkley says he once tipped a blackjack dealer $25k ... and feels bad that he didn't give more.

Barkley says there's one more famous cheapskate who's up in the Pantheon of all-time tightwads ... check out the clip to find out who. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Beard

Say Jordan last year at his golf weekend in Vegas, some of the other famous people took photos with fans or simply acknowledged the crowd. Not Jordan he purposely put his hand up around his face so no one could take his picture. It was not that hard to just simply waive to the crowd. Never again in life will I buy his products again! We have always been die hard fans, not anymore. This man has some serious issues and one day they will bite him in his butt!!!

jimbo

Jordans right think about it guy bumming money at streetlight 8-10 hours 200 plus cars and hour go buy if only every 5 cars go buy give a dollar thats 40 dollars a hour thats 300 plus a day for doing nothing

jimbo

think about this on a road i travel on a guy walks up and down between cars when light is red and every 5 cars gave a dollar he would make 40 dollars an hour easy

nan

There are a lot millionaires that won't help others. I often wonder what think. Does the money and material things make them happy? Do think they are better then others? Poor and middle class( what is left of them) donate more to others.
Come on you rich, help other AMERICANS

Julie Hoy

He probably can't afford it. LOL Remember he gave half of his dough to his ex. I bet he got a pre-nup with this one. P.S. I am just kidding. He still has plenty I am sure.

Emilio

Luke 6:24 But woe to you that are rich: for you have your consolation.

Kelly

You would think that Jordan would realize at his age that's it's probably time to start enjoying the money and helping others rather then hoarding it. Sure he has kids to leave it to but so does Gates and he's smart enough to give them a small amount and demand they make it on their own.

amy

my sentiments exactly...if the homeless people in my area can stand outside for hours on end in the 100 degree weather they can get a cashier job in the air conditioning!!!!!!!

napper

you can't write off with a receipt when you give cash to somebody in need.. my vote is cheap

bpante

They used to hate it when Jordan came to Atlantic City. He was a stiff. Them people all work for tips. He expected them to kiss his butt for nothing. They actually renamed an Atlantic City casino because Jordan stiffed a Limo Driver. (changed the name from Bally Grand to The Grand)

junreduo