'Seinfeld' Actor

Found Dead in Hotel Room

4/6/2014 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

John Pinette DeadStandup comedian John Pinette -- best known for his role as the guy who got mugged in the "Seinfeld" finale -- was found dead in his Pittsburgh hotel room Saturday ... TMZ has learned.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says Pinette died in his Sheraton Hotel room around 2:30 PM ... and foul play is NOT suspected.

According to reports ... the medical examiner did not perform an autopsy because Pinette's personal physician said the actor had been suffering from liver and heart disease.

Pinette had checked into rehab for a prescription pill addiction last August.

He was 50.

John Pinette Dead

she's nothing but a

So sad, just watched his videos the other day too. Dang.

Rigby

I don't know who he is..Seinfeld was before my time. But rest in peace buddy.

Pony

I have tickets to see him This next Sat night. Really going to miss his humor. So sad> RIP

my2cents

It's always the legal drugs.

Squad

One of the funniest dudes I've seen. Very sad. Take care of yourselves people. 50 is too young

Shatterhand

Oh, right...of course. It couldn't have possibly been anything other than liver and heart disease due to obesity. Never mind that those two diseases are not exclusive to the obese, but yeah, let's not look into any other options, like...oh, say...the possibility of an overdose after recently being in rehab for prescription drug abuse! F*cking geniuses.

bring back recent posts

Awww, that is sad, I hope it was instant and he didn't know what hit him. Poor guy .

liswat

So sad and so young. RIP

BillTheButcher88

Why couldn't Russel Peters have died? The world is not a fair place.

BeiberVegasHoHo

I hear they was the worst finale ever. The show....not his life!

molet

Wow!!rip john u made me laugh n-joyed listenin 2 u on "xm"radio my God bless his family

chery

So very sad to see this. I spent many hours watching his shows on YouTube. Will miss the Ewok impressions and understood his hatred of turnips. RIP. You will be missed.

EnquirerLover

What is with these drug addicts and their always dying in some lonely hotel room or an empty house? Is it because they're too excited to have it all for themselves and od? Weird. But again another waste of true talent.

Medtech1

So sad. John Pinette was an amazing Comedian and one of the few I really loved to watch. Rest in Peace John... you'll be very missed by so many.

RaineeDrops