« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Colin Kaepernick

Claims TMZ Story Is Wrong

4/11/2014 7:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0410-colin-kaepernick-04

Colin Kaepernick came out swinging today claiming TMZ's story -- that he is a suspect in a sexual assault case -- is wrong ... but he didn't say how it was wrong.

Kaepernick tweeted, "The charges made in the TMZ story and other stories I’ve seen are completely wrong. They make things up about me that never happened."

"I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up."

Kaepernick was not specific about what portion of our story he disputes.

As we reported, a law enforcement source at the Miami PD told us Kaepernick is a suspect in a sexual assault case.

The Miami PD also told USA Today he was a suspect in a sexual assault case -- but then backtracked and said it was for a "suspicious incident."

Kaepernick added, "I want to thank all of the people who have shared their encouraging sentiments. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced."

TMZ has made numerous calls to Kaepernick's camp -- both before and after we posted the story -- but they have not responded.

As for the investigation, a woman claims she was naked in a bed with Colin after smoking marijuana -- and the next thing she knew she was in a hospital.

The case is being investigated by the Special Victim's Unit -- which handles sex crimes, along with crimes against minors and the elderly.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lisa Ann

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaa I don't believe this bull**** for a second. This story is a crock of ****.

FedupWithBigGovt

Mean TMZ.. leave cutie COLIN alone! She seems to be a golddigger looking for a quick payout at Colin's expense

skittlesbreaker19

All these guys wanna be with random skanks! Don't hook up with these girls & you won't have these type of problems. ZERO CLASS!

Dale

I'd believe his story more than I would believe there's such a thing as a reliable gossip site.

Stymie

1/4 million buy off. Money takes care of these things. I guess the Big K was light in the pre out in the open offer.Dwight Gooden played for near free one season, Shaq too. Chauncey Billups a non salary year in Boston.

sfrandiver

I hope you get sue!

taz

He should have let his lawyer write his remarks. He doesn't sound like a man who " came out swinging" he just sounds stupid. Guys like him are always putting themselves at risk for this kind of situation.

F'U

Hay Colin don't worry! Many of us know that the majority of tmz stories can be a bit fictitious...we just comment and go along with it, because we can,not because we believe it, but also remember your a public figure so,that gives tmz and the rest of us the right to make our own opinions about the stories they post, and remember as reporters their job is to report a story, be it true or not.

TMP

TMZ admits to not having all the facts, and admits they didn't receive a call to confirm anything they heard, but ran with the story anyway. People are surprised by this? This is a gossip site... they don't need facts and when they get it wrong, they can hide behind that whole 'gossip' thing.

Laps831

Tmz your story is ****ing wrong.. And I hope your **** bag of a site gets sued.. There is a law sut there for defamation of character

boo boo

A chick who goes alone to a hotel room with three guys and proceeds to get drunk, stoned and naked voluntarily has a long way to go before she's a credible sexual assault victim. Furthermore, people don't just appear in a hospital bed.

Unbroken Chain

Just read in the local Ft Lauderdale newspaper that he is going to go after TMZ vigorously with a libel suit. FINALLY

EastCoastChopper

This is classic NFL down-lo!

3 naked knee-grows and one naked white chick ... I have to ask...how many "accidental" swords crossed? I bet 100x - to the point the chick even wondered...

dznutz420

Tmz always making **** up to stir the pot. I've read reports from Miami on saying he is not being investigated because there is no evidence to back this sluts claim up they don't report that part. Funny go suck your bf's dick harv and quit reporting untrue facts. Tmz getting desperate for good stories

Unbroken Chain

Why would kapaernicks camp respond to you. They are gonna sue you for millions!! Hahahaha

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments