B. Scott

Suing BET Has Me Feeling

Like Oprah Winfrey!

4/13/2014 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108-b-scott-outfit-change-3B. Scott and Oprah Winfrey have something in common -- all their life, they had to fight! -- at least that's what Scott says as part of his lawsuit against BET ... claiming he feels like O's character in "The Color Purple."

As TMZ first reported, B. Scott -- an openly gay transgender person -- is suing BET, claiming the network humiliated him during last year's BET Awards by yanking him off the show because he was wearing women's clothes.

Scott says in the deposition -- obtained by TMZ -- before the blow-up he hadn't thought of himself as a transgender person, but during his battle with BET he came to realize that's exactly who he is.

He explains, "I feel like Sofia in 'The Color Purple.' 'All my life I had to fight!' Because of my experience with BET, it led me to the realization that I am transgender because of my gender identity and expression, it was specifically because of my gender and not my sexuality that made me a target."

BET just got purpled.

billson1234

Kill it before it lays eggs

Truth

ONLY A GAAAAY TRANSGENDERED DUDE WUD COME UP WITH A LAME ASS LAWSUIT LIKE THIS. BESIDES, THE BIG O IS FAT. RUPAUL'S CUZ NEEDS TO ADD A 100 LBS. #TRUTH!!

pj

Girl bye you need to go sit somewhere u know u are not getting any money.

smiley25

He s so creepy he sends chills up my spine. I would rather see rupaul as a host than him. He just has a major creep factor about him.

baby

this nasty freak should be embarrassed. Good Lord our country has gone to hell in a hand-basket! looking at this thing all that comes to mind is AIDS.

IKnowthismuch

Who is he anyway?

freaksober

Saaayyy WHHHHAAAATTT ???? smells like a hot shart !

tessa

honey you are nothing like Oprah.

shanta588

He had a chance to walk away and not do it but if bet said it broke its contract then it can sue but thats not the case here have a seat its called free will and he went out there anyway.

MILK

he's disgusting

Mumra the Ever Living

I agree, how dare BET ask a man to take off his dress before going on TV. TMZ, why do the same story two dozen times. The man had already agreed that he would dress a certain way for the BET event and then he did whatever the hell he wanted. All BET asked was he follow his contract.
I realize this is the kind of story that you "Thrive" on in so many ways. Race, gender issues, idiot court cases. You hope it brings out the worst in people so that you get hits. I don't know if you noticed, but this craptastic story has been up for EIGHT HOURS and I'm on the first page.

spock

it's there show they pay the bills they make the rules. man -beast should go be a street walker or something

Davis

So basically he/she is saying he's not gay he's really a women? But no periods or pregnancies I'm guessing?

Rusty Shackleford

kill it with fire. problem solved.

Vegas2013

Why is BET acting like they didn't know who he was. Even dressed as a man anyone would know he's gay. I hope he gets what he's suing for. No one cares what he's dressed like. They should have left him alone

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments