« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jamal Anderson

HUGE 'Game of Thrones' Nerd

I Was Pumped to See Joffrey Die!

4/14/2014 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0414_jamal_anderson_king_joffrey_getty_hbo**Spoilers ahead ... (and above if you count the headline) ... you've been warned ... sorta**

King Joffrey was a punk bitch ... and his death was AWESOME ... so says Atlanta Falcons icon Jamal Anderson, who happens to be a hardcore "Game of Thrones" fanboy.

After he invented the "Dirty Bird" and took the Falcons to the Super Bowl, Anderson got hooked on GoT ... reading all 5 of the books in the series ... and now he's addicted to the HBO adaptation.

"It's the best show on TV. The best show in the history of HBO ... better than 'The Wire' and could eventually be better than 'The Sopranos.'"

So, last night ... when Joffrey finally got his comeuppance moments after the royal wedding ... Anderson was pumped.

"He was the devil. I was glad to see him go."

Jamal notes that Joffrey was a much bigger a-hole to Tyrion and Sansa in the book than he was on the show -- but nevertheless, says the show did a great job of portraying his evilness.

In fact, Jamal hails producers for putting together a death scene that was "way better" than what he imagined when he read the book.

Jamal wanted to talk about all of the stuff that's coming up on the show ... but we had to hang up before he spoiled the whole series for us.

Seriously, dude loves his GoT.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BLUE UGLY 💩

Retarded TMZ warns about spoilers but puts it in the headline

ExFiler

I can't believe you guys did that

RoboHobo

I loved the books and the first season of the show, and I can see why people still love it...

But BETTER THAN THE SOPRANOS and THE WIRE!? NO! Not hardly! It's also not better than Breaking Bad. Not even close!

NOT_IRRELEVANT

I can't express my anger for TMZ for reporting this in a headline. I DVR the show because I have to wake up early for work. I work all day waitng to watch my favorite show, and TMZ ruins it before I can see it. SO LAME

NOT_IRRELEVANT

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Ruining shows is the worst thing you can do on the internet. I read TMZ every day, but I will not be on TMZ any more because of this. EFF You, douchebags

Jessie

"**Spoilers ahead ... (and above if you count the headline) ... you've been warned ... sorta**" Are you kidding me, TMZ?! You acknowledge that you're being a prick but you keep it in the title?!? Unfollowed.

NameNotImportat

Hadn't watched it yet. F you TMZzzz.

Keyser Söze

'Couldn't have called it the Purple Wedding to not put a major spoiler right in the headline, hey TMZ?

Truly a bunch of geniuses that Harvey has hired...