B.B. King

Sorry I Sucked in STL

I Was Off My Meds!

4/15/2014 9:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040814_bb_king_launch_v2 B.B. King is totally embarrassed by his subpar performance in St. Louis recently -- but his rep tells TMZ, he has a good excuse for sucking ... the blues legend was off his meds.

King's April 4th performance at the Peabody Opera House was meandering and stilted, he chatted with the audience more than he sang, people heckled him, and some even walked out. It was bad.

But a rep for B.B. -- who's 88 years old by the way -- tells us, "Mr. King suffers from diabetes -- and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day."

In addition to his high blood sugar problem, King's rep says the singer was exhausted from a 1,600 mile bus trip from Vegas -- adding, "Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America's living blues legends -- and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans."

Now here's one of his best performances.

dale12

B B King doesn't look very well...I guess old age, and illness is catching up with him. Gawd love him though!

olu32

I got a chance to see him in September 2011 at the Hollywood Bowl and at 86,he was phenominal. He played all of the favorites and didn't miss a beat. He even brought John Mayer on stage to jam with him. When it was over,we didn't want him to go.

craig

how do you heckle this man?

bka62223

It's upsetting for many of us that this happened here in St. Louis. Mr King is a cultural icon & a legend; a man that deserves the utmost in respect and admiration. The man obviously still loves music & performing... we should return that love to him no matter what the cir***stances. Sorry that he had a rough night but please... recognize the dynamics and should you choose to do so; leave quietly & respectfully and understand the many, many nights that he's rocked the house. God's blessings Mr. King... I am fortunate to have enjoyed your talent for 40 + years... I've been in that house and I've followed you across the river, to the Red Door (?) and the wee hours of the morning... "rock me baby... rock me all night long"!!!

KeePnITREal

I LoV ME...Some B.B KanG!!! BUT....It is NOT about his MEDS!!! He came To Toledo, Ohio and Performed the same way! HE Just Talks, and. Talks and Does VERY Little MUSIC!!!.......It Don't Matter HOW OLD HE IS >>>HE STILL LoV Getting PAID!!! FOR doing NOTHING much ,AND HE KNOWWWWwwws That! And Thats That!!

Tmzzzzzz

A bit ironic considering that he's a spokesman for the medication he missed. Regardless of his performance, he still runs circles around entertainers one-quarter his age!

WatcherOne

Heckled? Who badgers an 88 yr old? He's had diabetes for many years. His people know that! Where were his people? Bless him. I hope he feels better.

Johnny

I am posting this in hopes that you guys will view my campaign and help donate to my cause! I'm planning on moving to Washington DC soon with my girlfriend and we are planning on getting an apartment together. Rent will be expensive in DC and I'm doing all I can to save up till the move out date which should be in August. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could donate some money for my cause. Thanks! Here is the campaign and more info on it.​ http://www.gofundme.com/50x1mo

Johnny

bart

You should never boo a legend such as this man. If so than that person is a low life.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4