« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

BACK IN THE NBA!!

Suiting Up for Knicks

4/16/2014 4:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0416_lamar-odom_getty
It seemed impossible after all his drug problems, but Lamar Odom has signed a deal to play for his hometown NY Knicks -- though it's unclear if it's just for a tryout ... or actual game action next season.

Odom's been out of the league all season ... as no team would take a chance on him after he went on a debilitating (and expensive) crack cocaine binge last summer, got a DUI ... and ended up getting divorced from Khloe Kardashian.

According to one report ... Odom signed a one game deal with the Knicks which reunites him his old Lakers coach Phil Jackson ... who is now the Knicks team President.

However, Knicks officials tell us Lamar will NOT play in tonight's season finale at the Garden.

It's possible they just want to see him in a workout once the regular season's over ... and THEN decide whether he can play for them next season.

Odom's only pro action this season has been 2 games for a team in Spain.

Last November, we got Lamar working out in Rhode Island ... where he told us he was desperate to get back in the NBA because he wanted to protect his legacy.

Here's your shot.

041614_lamar_odom_ri_launch_v2 For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bob

I hear NY has some high quality crack

QueenB

Good for him. I want to see him do well after the Kardashians messed him up.

Doodlebug

It won't last he's whacked out

static

We Americans love to give people hell who screw up but we also love redemption and a good comeback story he stands a great chance since he's going to be 3,000 miles away from that toxic family of grifters.

david 183

Remember this Lamar.. Crack is wack!

namers

Good for him!

Funny how I just bumped into a Laker Girl who rents out my car space. Gave her a "sorry 'bout the Lakers" hug as she was off to a bar to watch the game. There's always next year!

Wish him all the luck in NY!

scby9270

I hope this helps him. I wish him lots of luck, at least he is not on the Kardashian Klown Kamp anymore. :-)

nana

Watch Khloe crawl back

Livvie

What legacy?

my 2 cents

By the way, their divorce is not final yet...

Chgome

Go Lamar, now stay the f uck away from that man/woman and her family, you will do better.
Take Rob with you, you make a great couple.

Mark Santeramo

TMZ...clarify your article a little bit... He only played two games in Spain because he had a back injury. That is all.

La Mpre

Hey! If it ain’t written down - It didn’t happen

Stillwaters

I still don't know if I believe that he was a drug addict.... The constant stories around the time of the split, and then... Nothing. He could have fought back, acted out... Just took it. I felt bad for him.

TJ