« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ultimate Warrior's Wife

My Heart Is Broken

He Was the 'Ultimate' Husband, Father

4/16/2014 7:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416-ultimate-warrior-doc-launch
The Ultimate Warrior's wife is finally opening up about the shocking death of her husband -- saying she's heartbroken by his passing ... but says the touching WWE tribute is helping her cope.

Dana A. Warrior just released an emotional letter to her husband's fans ... saying, "It is with an absolutely broken heart I reach out to you."

Dana says she tried to keep her daughters insulated from the news coverage -- but allowed them to watch the WWE tribute on Sunday night.

"As the scene unfolded with that amazing roster of talent gathered donning Ultimate Warrior shirts and even his face paint, we cheered and sobbed simultaneously," Dana wrote.

"To everyone who stood there, thank you. My girls will remember your bowed heads for the rest of their lives."

Dana also touched on the moment Warrior collapsed outside their hotel in Arizona -- saying, "I fought and screamed and cried for him not to leave me, but I wasn't to win this round. Heaven won and I lost."

"But I had the ULTIMATE love for 20 years and my children learned to be Warriors from THE ULTIMATE DAD. I wouldn't trade a moment of the life we shared, good or bad, for anything on God's green earth."

Click here to read the statement in its entirety.

0409_remembering_the_ultimate_warrior_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

pudge facker

Sorry, lady. :-(

Northwest Airlines

I'm sorry for your loss Dana Warrior and children as well... Your husband will be missed....

Lindsay Hoehan

The Tribute was Monday Night not Sunday

Mr. Clean

Regardless of what he did as a profession people, it sounds like he was a good person, a good father, a good husband. That is a hell of a lot harder than wrestling.
Touching letter...My heart goes out to that family

HRH Prince Michael

Dana, You and your family's interaction during
Warrior's induction, spoke volumes.

Again, my profound condolences to You and Yours.
May The True and Living Yahweh, bless and strengthen all of you.

ariesalyson

I am so sorry for your loss Dana! I know it must be hard having to stay strong for the girls but he will always be with you wherever you are in life now.

OhWell

The Ultimate "Gay" Warrior.

Steve

Well her broken heart will go away in time; her husbands not so much.

AceSpade

Some of you people are seriously demented. I seriously hope karma finds it's way to each and every one of you who had some stupid rude 2 cents to put in. If someone made fun of or mocked someone you lost, I'm sure it would be a different story. This man was a good husband and a good father who made something with his life.

William Foresman

Sad to have to go through that.

Itoldu

My sister &I met him at a hotel bar at Newark Airport.All the wrestlers(WWF at the time) were staying there for a Wrestlemania at The Meadowlands.He was the nicest guy& a true gentleman.
RIP and prayers and comfort to his family.

Roberik 22

It's so sad. He was great

Lucky_130

Where oh where is Charlie Sheens watch to re-post over and over that this man was a bigot, and a horrible person?
Hopefully Charlie Sheens Watch had a heart attack,
RIP Warrior

Pecker

WWE has always been there (or tried to) for their employees and wrestlers. Class act company. UW was my favorite growing up, true legend and will never be forgotten.

virgosince83

I grew up with him on my tv every Saturday. This wrestling that's out now is garbage. He was truly the ultimate warrior. May your family find peace and comfort in this time of grief. God had other plans for him to be a heavenly warrior

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments