« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NBA Player Eric Williams

I'm Homeless

4/21/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0212-eric-williams-01
Former NBA player Eric Williams -- who spent 12 seasons in league -- says he is homeless and broke … this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ Sports.

Williams -- who also appeared on "Basketball Wives" -- made the shocking statements in a letter he wrote to a Colorado court recently explaining why he could not attend a child support hearing in CO earlier this month.

Among the reasons, Williams says a "court-ordered citation for me to appear was not delivered to my home address as I have no home."

Williams -- who's on the hook for more than $24k in unpaid support to the mother of his 13-year-old son -- also says his financial situation is so dire, he can't afford airfare and has no money to pay a lawyer.

In his letter, Williams says he is currently a volunteer at an unnamed non-profit organization -- and says, "I'm in the rebuilding stages of my life."

We reached out to Williams for comment. So far, no word back. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PureRadiance

Well, get a cardboard sign and write will work for food on it.

Rigby

That's pretty unfortunate.

August

After earning $40 million in career salary earnings as an NBA player, plus who-know-what-else in perks & endorsements...

WHO GIVES A F***?

Tommy

HA HA HA HA HA.... I just love it when we hear about these Bozos who don't have the brains to even wipe their butts.... HA HA HA.... Yep, a second grade education sure takes you a long way.....

August

HA HA HA, T he PLAYER GOT PLAYED by Jennifer, and she got all his money...

Usagal

Now he lives in a van down by the river.

James Longwell

Women always stealing money somehow... This is why you don't get married fellas

August

I know that street this picture was taken at...IT'S CRACK ALLEY.

Patti

I know you can't make someone stop spending their cash...but my god....how many of these retired NBA/NFL/MLB players who were once on top are now broke. I wish they would all pay attention in college and have a backup plane. And at least either take a finance course to better educate themselves or hire someone they can fully trust (yes I know its hard to find at times)to manage their own money....but to me its very very sad that they have nothing else to fall back on once they leave the sport for good.

nana

Hes hiding the money somewhere... lol

Mr Barcliff

ERIC UNLIKE ALOT OF NBA PLAYERS I DONT BELIEVE WENT BROKE. AS WE ALL KNOW LACK OF EDUCATION(FINANCIAL) IS WHY THESE MEN AND MANY OTHERS REGARDLESS OF RACE GO BROKE. ITS COUNTLESS ATHLETES THAT GO THRU FINANCIAL WOES BUT, I HAVE A FEELING ERIC'S ISNT AS DIRE AS HE'S SAYING. HE ALWAYS EEMED TO BE LEVEL HEADED AND INTELLIGENT AND WORKING FOR A NON-PROFIT ISNT SOMETHING A BROKE PERSON WOULD DO WHOSE USE TO THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE. I HATE TO SAY THIS AS A SUPPORTER OF EQUALITY BUT, SOMETHIN SOUNDS BAD ABOUT HIS REASON FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO CARE FOR HIS CHILD. MAYBE HE DOESNT LIKE THE SUPPORT AMOUNT HE OWES BUT, NO MAN WITH ERIC'S INTELLIGENCE AND HUSTLE WOULD SAY THERE BROKE AND WORK FOR FREE. ANY SMART PERSON ON THE OTHERSIDE WOULD SMELL A RAT!!! LGNM

SouthernMan

Women are such hypocrites. His wife threw a drink in his face but he's the bad guy because he threw one back????? Come on..

Mr Barcliff

THERES ALOT OF TALK OF IT NOT BEING FAIR TO NBA POTENTIAL HIGH SCHOOLERS AND COLLEGE FRESHMAN TO HAVE TO ATTEND COLLEGE FOR A YEAR. I THINK ITS ALL WRONG, I THINK FROM A RESPONSIBILITY PERSPECTIVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF COLLEGE SHOULD BE REQUIRED REGARDLESS OF WERE A PERSON IS FROM. WHY? THIS IS THE PRICE MANY HAVE PAID, EVEN THOSE WHO ATTEND 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE ARENT IMMUNE TO FINANCIAL AILURE BUT, THE GRANT HILLS AND MAGIC JOHNSONS AND SHAQ ONEALS ARENT SUCCESSES JUST BECAUSE OF THERE FAME, SOMEWHERE THEY SPOKE WITH AND DEALT WITH PEOPLE WITH EDUCATIONS IF NOT THEMSELVES. LOOK AT ANDREW LUCK AND OTHERS WHO DID AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF COLLEGE. IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED THEY STAY IN SCHOOL PERIOD AND IM A BLACK AFRICAN LIVING IN AMERICA WHO IS FROM THE PROJECTS AND WAS ON WELFARE AS I WAS AN ABUSED KID AND WARD OF THE STATE AND WAS BLESSED TO BECOME A SUCCESS. EDUCATION GIVES YOU AN EDGE TO AT LEAST KNOW WHAT TO NOT DO WITH RICHES. PEOPLE DONT GO BROKE BECAUSE THERE DUMB, THEY GO BROKE BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY LACK THE EDUCATION REQUIRED TO GROW OR SIMPLY MAINTAIN THE MONEY THEY HAVE!!!!! LGNM

verlinda

Keep making it "Rain" in the Club dumb asses

Tim

Maybe he should swallow some his pride and get a job then, rather than doing volunteer work.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments