Joan Rivers

The 2 Chicks Held Hostage in Ohio Should Lighten Up

4/23/2014 2:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0423_amanda_berry_gina_dejesus_joan_rivers
Joan Rivers
is scoffing at the 2 women who were held hostage in a Cleveland, Ohio basement  ... telling TMZ they shouldn't complain -- "They got to live rent free for more than a decade."

The women are pissed at Joan's comments on the "Today" show this week ... when she talked about her daughter's guest room, saying "Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space."

The women -- Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus -- came out swinging, saying they were shocked and disappointed at the "hurtful" comment.

Joan tells us she WON'T apologize, telling them to lighten up, adding,  "One of them has a book deal.  Neither are in a psych ward.  They're ok.  I bet you within 3 years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars."

And Joan says, plenty of comedians have done schtick about tragic events like Hitler's terror and the sinking of the Titanic.  Joan says, "The TV the guy gave them must not have had SNL."

CommonSensory

One more reason to dislike this wretched hag. She's disgusting, her daughter is disgusting. She is the epitome of white trash.

JBDragon

Can't this old hag die already! She isn't the least bit funny, EVER!

buzzbuzz

I live in Ohio, and when that story broke there was nothing funny about it. It is truly Sad that Victims, have to be victimized over by someone as VILE as this POS. That low life s*** never really got to pay for anything he did, he never thought he did anything wrong. I was glad the breaking news came on and said he Killed himself in Prison.

OH, HELL NO!

I'm sure Joan wouldn't have been saying the same thing if it had been her daughter Melissa in that type of hell hole for 10 years being raped & beaten on a daily basis. I like Joan too, & usually she's very funny. But...being a mother herself she should know better. This one was really below the belt!

nick

Joan is in pain....she is in emotional pain and she loves to hurt others so they can suffer too..misery loves company...hurting people hurt people

jenlolo

You are going to far old lady... Make fun or yourself not someone else's tragedy. I bet you woukdnt last a week in those conditions ... Is there a surgery to make your mouth disappear??? It already looks like your anus but damn can you keep it closed???

whydoireadthisshit

No wonder Joan's husband committed suicide. Now, don't get all upset, Joan, its just comedy, "LIGHTEN UP".

Mykuh

Can't be surprised, Joan's job is to piss people off but she is funny whether you like it or not. Yes it's a sensitive subject but what isn't to someone? Every joke is bound to offend somebody out there In some way. And she's right they will be on dancing with the stars in no time. Lol

Christina

This is really sad. Joan has lived in a fantasy world for the last half a century. If an event like what happened to the Ohio girls happened to her loved one she would not have the audacity to poke fun at those who were tortured. Her plastic self would not be able to survived 10 minutes of what the girls went though, let alone a decade. She is disgusting. Can she even imagine giving birth in a shack of a house while being a child herself? Maybe the plastic in her face has diffused to her brain and any sense of empathy has been depleted. I used to say I would not wish that kind of misfortune on anyone, but now I stand corrected. I would hope that in the afterlife the pain and suffering that she mocks will come back to her. I hope one day she feels that pain. Under the layer of botox and plastic there has to be a human being. One could only hope.

Patrick Byrne

I wish I could punch J Rivers in the face...I mean Mike Tyson hard. She and her daughter symbolize all that is wrong with the people I'm my America. Oh my. I hate her.

Christina

Dorothy Hooper

I have ALWAYS found EVERYTHING Joan said funny. This is DISGUSTING! These women were TORTURED for years and certainly are not even CLOSE to healing. Joan you are a hideous, desperate old lady. STFU. Never again

Miara

Joan Rivers is obviously suffering from early stages of dementia, or maybe she has had it for awhile.

There are things that should NOT be joked about. She should be banned, fined for hate speech, and shut off from any communication while living in a mental hospital.

I doubt the doctors would find any humor in anything she has to say.

Gold37

Joan Rivers is an old crusty cxnt who wouldn't last a day in those women's shoes. While she was getting her face mangled more than it already is, they were being beaten and raped. Disgusting old hag should burn for this and all the other nasty comments she's made in the past. You can only hide behind the "I'm a comedian" line for so long bitch!

DirkDiggler