'X-Men' Director

I'm NO Kiddie Fiddler

... Now Go See 'X-Men'

4/24/2014 12:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0424-bryan-singer-x-men-tmz-01Bryan Singer insists he never laid a finger on the man accusing the "X-Men" director of raping him as a 15-year-old -- but he's not about to squander a perfectly good publicity opportunity for his new movie.

Bryan released a statement, saying, "The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false," immediately adding, "I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days of Future Past."

As we reported, 31-year-old Michael Egan filed lawsuits against Singer, Broadway producer Gary Goddard, TV producer Garth Ancier, and former president of Disney TV David Neuman -- claiming they sexually abused him as a young teen at various Hollywood parties and in Hawaii.

Singer has remained silent longer than the other three -- and only today spoke out, condemning the allegations ... but not without promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in the process.

Singer's statement continues, "This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film."

Singer concludes, "I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is."

Bossy Potato

Well, it did divert attention. I doubt people will see that film.

Santo

It is a shakedown -- no way around it. The timing is way too convenient, the accuser's story has changed repeatedly, and he's made no attempt to veil his goal: a big fat paycheck.

milkycorn

"The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false,"

And here I was thinking," surely he'll say he did it."

Daron

I believe him.

HRH Prince Michael

AGAIN: In their overzealous promotion of Homosexuality
and overall Godlessness, Federal/Traitor/Transvestites
"officials", have PROTECTED, rather than prosecute
the disproportionate Same-Sex crimes against Children.
THIS, shall no longer be tolerated, nor allowed
to go UNANSWERED.

UPDATED
Craigslist.com/NYC/Rant and Rave Section
"The House of David:
Bethel, Boston, The Brave, and The Bastards"

Abby S

I need more facts on this case to state an opinion. I will say Bryan Singer looks really young for 48. Must have a good Dr.

Dino the Dinosaur

Paid so much attention to them cause they're gay, but all they really are is a bunch of bullies who like to screw other guys.

Rigby

I don't think this negative publicity is good.......

OhWell

HOLY
MICHAEL JACKSON.

Rectum?Damn Nearly Killed Him

Sorry Chester, I don't support molesters movies

miss b

He looks like a Fiddler.

Skit

Total shakedown by a twink prostitute. I hope they counter sue him and that little twink lands himself in jail selling his butt for cigs.
He'd probably get out of jail and sue the inmates he sold his butt to as well

Lucey

The guy is 31 and is now coming out about being molested at 15? What a loser. No way all those producers and execs touched him. Maybe if he had only accused one person but multiple people. Oh yea, he molested me too... everyday this guy paints someone else as a molester. I hope the judge throws his case out and makes him feel like the idiot that he is. CASE CLOSED

anony

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO SAY? "I'M SORRY I COMMITTED THIS HEINOUS FELONY YEARS AGO AND I PROMISE NOT TO DO IT AGAIN."?
This is all about buying time to throw money at the guy, make it go away, and spin the PR. We all know this stuff actually happened and continues to happen in Hollywood.

nana

I hope his movie bombs at the box office

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments