« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

Screw You NBA

I'm NOT Selling the Clippers

4/29/2014 2:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Donald Sterling Not Selling Clippers
A defiant Donald Sterling just said he would NOT sell the Los Angeles Clippers.

Sterling told Fox News' Jim Gray the team was NOT for sale. Gray said on Fox News he spoke with Sterling just before NBA Commish Adam Silver banned Sterling for life.

Silver said in his news conference ... if 3/4 of the NBA owners get on board they can force Sterling to sell the team.  If that happens it looks like Sterling may well go to legal war.

It sounds like it may come to that.

042914_jim_grey_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ben IncaHutz

Donald Sterling is trying to be like the south before the civil war. He does not want to give up control of his slaves. He thinks they are his property!! Where all all the rich rappers to buy the team?? Rappers are always yelling about being stunners and blingbling so they should have the money to buy the team right? Where is birdman? He should be able to pay cash for the team because he is the number 1 stunner right? Right?

Jordan

I don't think you are going to get 23 owners to say he should not own the Clippers for what he said in a Private conversation that was Illegally Recorded.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Give it up geezer, it's over. Go run for Prez with Trump

MGFunk

NO ONE LIKES RACIST, BIGOT, HOMOPHOBES ANYMORE! GIVE IT UP, DONNY!!

bob

Would be a great time to sell the team if he wasn't under the gun like this. Worst team in the league just sold for $550MM. Clippers are doing better than they ever did. A forced sale is most likely going to result in him not achieving a true market price. All this so he could parade around with some hot arm candy. What an idiot.

OhWell

NBA Will Back Down.

Unbroken Chain

Im one of the few who feels bad for the guy but he has to sell the team or the team will cease to exist. Maybe he doesn't need the money, but I'd think he loves the team he bought and would want it to go on

Pudding Tang

Clippers, win or lose, he's too rich to fail.

Skit

No way the other owners will force him out. If they do they will set the stage for any other owners to be tossed out for anything like illegal recordings. And who will be willing to do that to themselves
Wont happen
besides he didnt do anything wrong. No law or rule was broken. He'll fight it and win..

Ron Fing Swanson

Put your cough syrup grandpa.

HumanNature

ONLY THING THAT I HAVE TO SAY IS........

MARGE SCHOTT!!!!!

RACISM DO NOT HAVE A PLACE IN "BUSINESS"!!!!

PLAIN & SIMPLE

Daniel Thrasher

I don't support or condone any of this man's actions, but at the same time I won't let the fear of having those who read this assume I am condoning it prevent me from pointing out that this whole thing seems a little fishy. You can't argue he said the things he said, but when I first listened to the tape it sounds like she was reading lines. Very poorly, at that. I can't put my finger on it...but it looks weird. Even weirder if Magic gets a jam up deal on the purchase of the Clips. Im just saying.

Unbroken Chain

Will be a very interesting trial. I'd like to see what would happen. I can't imagine the courts would make him sell, but you never know, maybe NBA law supersedes the courts but I know they aren't exempt from law like baseball is

bring back recent posts

He has nothing but time on his hands now, except for his health, of course he will fight this. Only entertainment he will get now.

EMB

The players are still cashing those checks, go figure.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments