« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oprah Winfrey

Hey Donald Sterling ...

THE PLANTATION DAYS ARE OVER!

4/29/2014 7:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Oprah Winfrey Donald SterlingOprah Winfrey just came out firing at Donald Sterling -- telling TMZ Sports, "We're off the plantation! The plantation days are over!"

The Big O just broke her silence on the Sterling situation while leaving CBS in NYC -- and told us the ideal resolution would be for Magic Johnson to take over the Clips ... "That would be really cool."

But despite the impact of the Sterling story -- and the fact President Obama even weighed in -- Oprah says it's not the biggest story of her lifetime ... that distinction goes to ANOTHER big case involving a huge sports star.

Check out the clip.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Karen

I love Oprah she is so sweet

Karen

When we were slaves whites said we were happy and blamed the treatment on our refusal to take our treatment so I'm not surprised they are blaming the words of Donald Sterling on the messenger and having her open to ridicule I hope blacks see past the show and listen to his words

Jess

Even though I hate racism, I actually feel kinda bad for the man... what he said he thought he said in private and this woman put it out there for all to hear, we all have things we have said that we aren't proud of, he just happened to be famous and have it all aired out.

Frank

What the guy said it was wrong, but wait!! NBA has 80% players only blacks, so what is the issue here? Racism really ? But wait , where is the freedom of speech. I guess it doesn't exist anymore if you are white.

tjs

Oprah is the biggest racist of them all. Black people hate white people more then whites hate them. Speak out haters or are you cowards to speak the truth!! The media never shows the other side of hate, why is that??? Poor black people hated by whites is all they report. Tell the other side of how blacks hate white people more then whites hate them. Only cowards will not tell the truth. Black people hate white people. All they want to do is cry we hate them. Just speak out how much you hate white people. Nothing to be scard about these days!!! Say how you really feel. Cowards.

Frank

This would be the most racist thread I've ever read if it was possible to be racist against whites.

Gee Effe

Clippers fans need to go and support the team, that being said everyone should wear black shirts and Staples Center should hand them out at the front door. Fans are going for a few reasons, one of them being playoff tickets are expensive to the average Joe or Joan. If you are going to the game, wear all black!!! #ShowSupportfortheTeamnottheowner

Frank

That's correct. If you are a young college athlete and white ,then you need to look for another career . You are not qualified anymore because you are white. It's sad but true .

40for60

Orpah, the liberal Whale has spoken. Women and Children first on the lifeboats.

nana

Lol I love O but I rolled my eyes for a second

WhoAmi

Interesting, how blacks will "remind" whites the "Plantation days are over" and yet, they're the biggest ones to push racism and slavery. Get over yourselves. Get thicker skin.

artie

since when did Jews lose their brother card?

theboss

I am not going to defend Sterling. I don't understand, however, why NO ONE seems to think anything about the mistress, a woman of color, being a self proclaimed "sugar baby". While I am no fan of Oprah, you can't deny that she works very, very hard. Why does she have nothing to say about this leach of a mistress? Why do we give a woman who sleeps with another man's husband, who is a prostitute, a VOICE in this country??

Sammie

When Democrats go bad.....

XYZ

Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn what you have to say.