Young Money

Sued By Teen Group

You Can't Just Dump Us ... PAY UP

4/30/2014 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0430_w3_gettyYoung Money doesn't pay young money -- at least according to teen boy rap group W3 The Future, who claims the record label unceremoniously dumped them without making good on their contract.

The group's production company Grassroots Productions sued Young Money Entertainment and Cash Money Records, claiming it signed a record deal last May in which Cash Money promised $600,000 to cover both the group's advance ... as well as the recording budget for their first album.

Grassroots claims YME and CMR paid the initial recording fees but ultimately failed to pay the bulk of the $600,000 ... even after W3 The Future delivered their album months later as promised.

Grassroots says CMR simply told them, "Cash Money is not moving forward with this project." And that was that.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Sorry guys. It happens to the best of them. At least you are free to pursue other opportunities. They could have just held up your album forevev and never let you out of the contract. That happens too.

KingKilla_2013

must have an ENORMOUS Sak to call out Baby and Wayne LOL!

bel26

most likey they felt their album was not going to do good so thats most likey why they drop them but hey school is still good to go to and become something else sometimes that fast life an't always good

bel26

i jsut went and listen to one of their songs and they are pretty good maybe austin got jealous

JermaineJacksonsHairline

Birdman has a 5 mill loan to payback he needs their advance to make good.

Big j

They are pretty damn good. If I was a label with the publicity, I would sign them.

H8Kardash

Isnt that will smiths kid on the right?

EnquirerLover

Yet Young Money can buy tons of homes and crappy cars and ugly women, but they can't pay these dudes to walk? Give me a break. They spend that amount buying their weekend party supplies! The most racist people are the blacks. They call each other *****s and they shoot the **** out of each other hourly. The ghetto/rap head whites AND blacks are what's wrong with America. They riding this excuse of race wars straight to HELL. I am of color myself so I ain't being racist at all. I am being human and my mind tells me that when you spend all day making excuses for laziness and immorality you do deserve what YOU get.
Go find a real job. Even if it's a drive thru agent. Bust a sweat for a change. Damn.

Swaggaa

It seems this kind if thing has been happening a lot over the years with cash money records. They've constantly signed tons of artist of different music genres to their label, talk about how an album is gonna be released soon and then nothing happens and what don't know what's going on with the artist. I think they're just trying to show that they are a big and bad label but birdman should spent his money wisely. I mean I'm pretty sure he's in it to make a profit and not lose money. I'm a fan of cash money and I have been for a long time. Baby and slim need to help BG get out of jail and bring Fresh and get in the studio and cook up some more big hits. Bring back the old bounce music style from back in the 90's. That stuff had everybody on their feet!

Nobledrewali

They prob dint like the album..end of story

LaShayeShante

Dude in the middle looks like he is about 40 with a pack per day smoking habit lol

Jbaby

Who? And who?

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

This happens to how many music perfomers? Uhhh, everybody!

MelanieDLucas

Hellow there how are u? let share with u some thing good watch it and share with ur friends there if ur interested...its talking about DREAM TRIPS.just click on it
=== ==== ===>> http://www.Green37.com

alyssa_graham

W3 the future are some of the nicest and most genuine people ive ever met, and their music is great. Im so upset they got dropped.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2