Chris Brown

Worse For Wear

After 7 Weeks in Jail [VIDEO]

5/1/2014 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

050114_chris_brown_court_launch_v2
Chris Brown looked haggard and tired in court Thursday afternoon during a hearing in the Rihanna case.

TMZ broke the story ... Brown has been behind bars since March 14, when the judge threw him in jail after getting kicked out of rehab for the second time.

Brown looked defeated as the judge ruled he will remain in jail -- at least until the next hearing May 9 ... when both sides will come back to court and say whether they could strike a deal over the probation violation.

Brown had to endure a LONG flight from L.A. to D.C. and back ... so he could attend his assault trial in the nation's capital.  That trial has been postponed.

In the meantime, Brown sits in an L.A. jail, with the prospect of going to prison for up to 4 years if the judge decides the singer violated his probation ... that is, if a deal isn't struck.

Just Steve

7 weeks sounds a hell of a lot more than 1month and 3 weeks. I'm pretty sure he's highly capable of doing around 3 years

stretch

He lucky he didn't go prison how many people like Riahna

Johndoethesecond

His hair is disgusting.

Blackpower

He can see in his face he will be a Better person so stop hating him and understand bipolar disorder is why acted out

Judge and Jury

'Is it wrong that I am smiling?' - Bridget Anne Kelly

Cheekymonkey

If his hairline keeps up, he'll own tmz soon.

Courtney

I feel badly for him. He really looks broken and he is only 24 years old.

ImKevin

It makes me so incredibly sad just seeing the person I look up to. The one person I admire like this. I pray that he doesnt go . Really, people makes mistakes but unfortunately people believe humans are perfect.

Kev the Realist

Fantastic. This smu POS is exactly where woman beating,-holes belong. Let's hope the judge violates him and he gets 4 years ( NOT in California) and has to serve all of it. OOH RAH

ms.b

Its time that people move on from the rihanna incident . She took him back afterwards and recently been visiting him. Let this man move on and live his life. He has been punished more than enough. There is men who beat their woman on an daily and even kill them and get less punishment than this.

nana

Tmz would love to see this young man in jail

Luz

I feel sad and sorry for him. I hope he pulls through all of this and resume his life. He's so young!

Crabby

who cares hopefully he will hang himself with his bed sheets.

LeDiva

Remain in jail til May 9!?!?! Sh&t just got real. Wheres a good jailhouse barber when I need em? If only I couldda got a shave and haircut before court!

Pbitch

its been only two ****ing weeks around here you gotta wait 3 months for your trail