« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

'I Wish I Had Just Paid Her Off'

5/2/2014 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0502-donald-sterling-getty-01
Donald Sterling has finally broken his silence ... telling an L.A. magazine, "I wish I had just paid her off."

The disgraced L.A. Clippers owner made the comment about V. Stiviano to DuJour Magazine.

The mag claims Sterling is not done talking -- and has already lined up interviews with Barbara Walters and the NBA. Though it's unclear when he plans to talk to them.

As for the comment itself -- it just shows that he doesn't think he's racist or said anything wrong ... and the only thing he seemingly regrets is that the audio got out.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cassandra

Sterling accounted for any racist behavior in his lawsuits on housing. What does the recording have to do with owning the clippers? If anything the NBA is racist because 88% percent of the players are black . I don't see any affirmative action hiring going on there.

its me

if she recorded him due to memory loss, old age & etc doesn't that prove he is not of sound mind. which also means any verbal contract that was made can be voided since he was not of sound mind. I assume that the gifts he gave to her can/would be returned to him & his wife in a court of law. She took advantage of a poor elderly man who is not of sound mind (I'm being sarcastic but it could hold up in court)

Martin Dupuis

When you hang around whores you are bound to get ****ed

MilkyChocolateStrawberryWay

Arrogant old racist!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

So, was this blackmail then? Is that what he is saying?

shakedoggy

he shood open up a racism museum where he kood display racism artifacts he collected over da yrs

gayle1976

When is this douche gonna apologize for what he did???? OMG!!

cassandra

I think he means to say, "she didn't dislike me or think I am racist..he just wanted my money...(like the rest of you want my clippers team$)...

Italia

After reading some of these racist comments, I can tell you what I admire most about Sterling right now:
At least he not trying to lie about any of this.

Politico Pablo

After what happened to Mel Gibson, you'd think he been smarter. Guess not. \
But he was right --not to submit to the demands of a blackmailer.

I would've given her a dime--no matter the consequences.

tgrfan42069

id rather him be honest..than like most of the celebs who say they support gays on twitter and in front of cameras..then as we know behind closed doors they use the ***got word freely.

in your dreams

The context of their conversation is being left out. Sterling found out that she liked banging purple greg on the side and asked her to not bring any onto his turf.

HumanNature

“When people — when ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything, you just let them talk. And that’s what happened here.”

WELL SAID, MR. PRESIDENT...........

WELL SAID!!!!!!

CT

SHE IS ONE EXPENSIVE WHO-RE.

The Man They Call Louis

His words finally catch up to him, and all he can think about...is that he should've paid off the GF?...whatever Donald...go **** yourself. Sell the Clippers and just go away.