Kerry Washington

'Scandal' Star Gives Birth ...

VERY SECRETLY

5/2/2014 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

kerry-w-Document-Launch-Template-03

There's a new Pope.  Kerry Washington had her baby ... TMZ has learned.

Kerry gave birth under the radar -- almost 2 WEEKS AGO.

Kerry's new baby girl is named Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha.  She was born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. April 21.  The daddy is former NFL cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

Kerry and Nnamdi married last June.  She's 37 ... he's 32.  This is their first kid.  Weirdly ... Nnamdi signed the birth certificate more than a week after the birth.

Good news for "Scandal" creator Shonda Rhimes ... no more shooting from the neck up or hiding Olivia Pope behind potted plants.

It's been handled.

0502_whos_your_mommy_footer

Sarah

There's something fishy about Kerry and Nnamdi. . Why would it ever take a week to sign a birth certificate? Kerry has AMAZING PR.... All I'm saying

victor

What do you mean she"secretly" gave birth? Was she in her basement with no one looking? Ridiculous, the hospital, her friends and and some of her family knew that she did, so where's the secret?

Bkshorti

Congrats for them.

leena

Who cares??!!

stacie

I didn't know birth certificates were public records!! I thought they were not! At least at the hospital I work for they are not! Maybe CA is different or someone violated HIPPA!

PureRadiance

Awwww congrats to mommy daddy & daughter!

Lee

Ah, nobody knows nothing about these two. It's between them, don't care. Congrats.

Don Mason

No one cares. Scandal is an UNwatchable show. I tried it a couple of times but it was the same plot over and over and over again.

Nettie

Guess the secret is out.

Adiamondgirl69

The father actually doesn't have to sign the birth certificate. On CA birth certificates, only ONE parent has to sign and usually it's the mother, since she's the one having to give the bulk of the information. And because she's at the hospital 24/7, it's typically the mother who signs. I know this because I gave birth to both of my kids in CA. The only reason I can't think of that he signed, is if she forgot to do it, while in the hospital or she had an extended hospital stay and it just got done later. There's nothing saying it has to be done on day one!

christy75

When i had my daughter 14 yrs ago, i live in Ca also, they told me if the father isnt present at the time i signed the birth certificate i cant put his name on it. He has to be there, its the law. Since he was at work that next day he never had it put on. Shes all mine. works out great if your trying to get full custody.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3