« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bernard Hopkins

'What the Hell Is George Foreman Talking About?'

5/4/2014 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0501-bernard-hopkins-george-foreman-01

Bernard Hopkins
has nothing but respect for George Foreman -- but tells TMZ Sports the legend was DEAD WRONG when he told B-Hop to hang up his gloves and retire.

Hopkins tells us he heard Foreman loud and clear when George called in to TMZ Sports last week and said Bernard's victory over Beibut Shumenov should be his last ... so he doesn't go out a loser or hurt himself.

"I think he was saying it in a caring way," Hopkins says ... "but you watch the fight and say 'What the hell is George talking about?'"

Despite George's warning -- that Bernard needs to accept the fact he's getting old -- Hopkins says, "The average 40-year-old is not in the shape I'm in. I'm beating guys that I could be their father."

Hopkins says he has no plans to retire and will fight into his 50s.

Although they have their differences, Bernard says there's one thing he and George can agree on -- GRILL MONEY!

"If he has a grill opportunity for me ... tell George to call the grill people and we can make a 'B Hop Alien Grill.' I'll give him a percentage."

042314_george_foreman_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BLUE UGLY 💩

He has a foreman grill

K South West

Nard don't stop fightin bol or when I bump into yu @ whole foods we may have to scrap bring Nazim down

Mr Barcliff

I THINK HOPKIN'S WAS BORN WITH A DIFFERENT STRENGTH AND BONE STRUCTURE OTHERS DIDNT HAVE. NOT ONE BOXER I CAN RECALL HAS DONE WHAT BERNARD HAS AND DONE IT LIKE HES YOUNG! WERE I AGREE WITH GEORGE IS THAT I WANT HOPKIN'S TO GO OUT ON TOP BUT, MAYBE BERNARD SEES IT AS A CHANCE TO STACK UP MULTIPLE $ AND WONT STOP UNTIL HE MAKES AS MUCH $ AS POSSIBLE. JUST HOPE LIKE GEORGE FOREMAN HE RETIRES WITHOUT INJURY AND ON TOP BU, I THINK BERNARD HAS AT LEAST 5 MORE FIGHTS IN HIM!!!!!!! LGNM

UNLEVINED HARVEY

as long as you suckers pay to see him fight he will continue

j.j.buff

Who cares about 150 lb men boxing? Heavy weights are what people want to watch not guys with girls bodies.

lourdgoogoo

Father time is undefeated. Hopkins should go out a winner and not push his luck. So many fighters go too long and pay the price later in life.