« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

Lawyering Up to Sue NBA

5/5/2014 8:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Donald Sterling Suing NBA
Donald Sterling is on the hunt to hire a major L.A. law firm to sue the NBA for suspending him and attempting to strip him of ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell us ... Sterling's people were in touch with several law firms last week, including the powerhouse firm Glaser Weil Patty Glaser is one of the top litigators in the country and has repped scores of celebs, including Conan O'Brien and Keith Olbermann.

And this is ironic ... Paula Deen hired Glaser to defend her in the Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House case ... where Deen admitted during a deposition she used the N word, FYI, Deen's admission occurred long before Glaser took the case.

We've also learned Sterling's people have been in touch with the mega-law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart and Sullivan, a 650-member law firm specializing in business litigation.

Our sources made it clear ... Sterling will not go down without a fight.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

juggalo 6

Good. I hope Oprah pays out the nose for trying to steal his company. I also hope the NBA pays dearly for their actions. Racism is alive and well in the NBA, but not the kind they claim. Jay Z and Larry Johnson can constantly make racist statements, no big deal. But an old white guy makes a few remarks about the guy trying to steal his team and the whole world blows up. I thought Magic was going to die of AIDS twenty years ago? Just a con man. I don't agree with Sterling's comments but I will defend to the death his right to say those words.

Cindy

I guess you could say Paula Deen hire the right attorney to represent her to lose multi-million dollar accounts by her using the N word so I guess the attorney is very effective.

Unbroken Chain

Get ready to feel the wrath of an angry Jewish billionaire lawyer NBA, masked lady, TMZ and Magic Johnson. You're all about to find out why you don't mess with my people!!! You go Donald!! Take no prisoners!!!

Youphemism

"Sterling will not go down without a fight."

His wife is the same way. That's how this ball got rolling.

PrincessBubblegum

While I don't agree with Donald Sterling's racist beliefs in any way, he certainly has legal rights. Just because he doesn't deserve to own the team or be in the presence of people even doesn't mean that the organization can arbitrarily take those things away from him based on an emotionally fueled & convoluted storyline. He does deserve his day in court. He paid his money for the team.

cementmixer

Good for him!!!

RobertJobs2011

I hope he wins. Adam Silver was pressured by the media to make the harsh decision he did. He knew if he didn't punish Sterling that he would receive backlash from black people. He had to do what would protect himself (Adam Silver)

K South West

I know extremely nice jewish ppl and its a shame we stereotype them

Tax

Easy solution, i'm sure players will abandon the clippers if they have the choice, then boycott the team itself then boycott the advertisers and hit him in the pocketbook the team value will drop.

nana

All the racist fools are on here swinging I see... Lolololol nobody is scared of you people foh

ROTTIE

. . . and the NBA is ready.

kingcarl

Where is Hitler when you need him?

Joshua

Lmao...

nana

Like Sterling u hide behind phones, computers and ****. Bet u can't say that to a black, gay or whatever face

Just My Opinion

Well, dude. How long this could go on for. You will be dead before you get the result you wanted.