Paul Mooney

Hurls N-Word at Audience Member

During Arsenio Taping

5/5/2014 8:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0505-paul-arsenio-01
Legendary comic Paul Mooney got downright racial during a taping of the Arsenio Hall show Monday night ...  spitting the N-bomb at an audience member in a performance that's being hailed as "the most embarrassing, disrespectful standup bombing ever."

Mooney -- who famously appeared on "Chappelle's Show" and wrote for Richard Pryor -- was booked to do a short standup bit on Arsenio ... but rambled on for more than 14 minutes in a bizarre routine that touched on everything from "Roots" to Obama to his admiration of an audience member's giant breasts.

But things really went off the rails when Mooney turned his attention to a black guy in the audience who he called a "bald-headed n**ga."

One person who was there tells us ... the crowd was stunned -- and sat in awkward silence as Mooney tried to transition into different material.

We're told it appeared producers were scrambling to cut him off and end the segment -- but Paul ignored the cues and kept going until a crew member used the P.A. system to interrupt him ... and a staff member went on stage to tell him to wrap it up.

One audience member tweeted about the scene -- saying, "OMG! I just witnessed THE MOST EMBARASSING, Disrespectful "standup" BOMBING ever by Paul Mooney @arseniohall I wanted to walk out!"

Eventually, Arsenio jumped in and helped end the segment in a respectful manner.
update_graphic_red_barThe bit that made air was severely edited down, but you could see that Mooney was rambling and making almost no sense. It ends rather abruptly after about three minutes. Check it out below.

Yurra Knutz

I knew that baited hook would be back in these waters soon

Jay W.

Mooney's schtick has always been offensive. Nothing new.

goaway

Time to make everyone accountable! Seriously...no free ride.

Ben IncaHutz

Richard Pryor has been dead almost a decade. This negro needs to get a job. A real job.

T

So wait - I thought blacks calling other blacks n---a was acceptable .. Non story here .. Anyone else would have their entire lives ruined & taken from them.

arforama

I'm sure the dozen or so people that watch the show will be appalled.

Teresa andrews

I know I'll get jumped on for this, but I had never heard of him. Thus, I will continue to boycott him.

Bob

ban him from tv for life and fine him 2.5 million

NoDickbutting

Are they gonna ban him from comedy and fine him 2.5 million?

redneck-girl

I like paul ,he goes off on every race. He got in trouble at a BET show for his comedy. I know he should offend white folks but i think hes super funny. He dont lie.

ASH

That's not racist...
JayZ is not racist,
why does he wear
"whites are devils"
medallion to a game..
NO PROBLEM!

YOU LIBERAL S***
CAN STICK YOUR
POLITICALLY
CORRECT "opinions"
UP YOUR AZZ!

Joe

Paul mooney refers to white women as white b*tches. Now he is calling his own people the N word. If you want to penalize the white race for certain words you HAVE TO do the same for blacks. He needs to be fined and banned. The sad thing is because he is black, the media will make this story go away fast.

Nobledrewali

Paul Mooney does what he wants...i luv it

Pillsbury Pancakes

Keepin it real dawg! I mean, ni**a!

goaway

Guess that means no hall pass! :)