« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

James Blake House Explosion

PANICKED 911 CALL

'The House Just Exploded'

5/7/2014 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

050714_james_blake_primary
update_graphic_red_bar
3:30 PM PT -- Officials say the deceased is a family of 4 -- two adults, 2 teenagers.

Officials also say the fire appears to have been set deliberately -- and there is "upper body trauma on two of the victims."
update-grey-gray-bar
The woman who reported the fire at the home owned by tennis great James Blake told the 911 operator that it "just exploded" while she was out walking her dog ... saying, "It's just so horrible."

The caller -- clearly panicked -- told the operator there were definitely people inside the residence when the home blew up around 5:40 AM on Wednesday morning -- "a husband a wife and two or three kids."

The caller added, "This is so scary ... oh my god."

The caller says she ran home to call for help.

Emergency personnel arrived a short time later  -- and discovered 4 bodies.

The identities of the victims have not been revealed. Cops are investigating. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

01void

A true shame when a whole family parishes.

riridoll

Oh I love James Blake, I don't even watch tennis but I watched him play all the time. I hope he's okay :( :( :(

bring back recent posts

How horrific! I also feel for the elderly woman who has been so traumatized by witnessing this explosion. I hope she will be ok in future, she sounded on the verge of a heart attack.

Chica

I read that all four in the house had "heavy duty" fireworks strapped to their heads. Awful and creepy.

rlemons

I was just reading up on this story. Now I'm very curious to find out what happened. Sadly it sounds like one of the family members planned this.

Vote2012

Gas leak....or meth lab. It's now unusual to find meth labs in rich peoples neighborhoods they think the cops will not check those type of neighborhoods and they usually don't.

Randaleese

They've been ID'd and pretty gruesome details.. Shot, set on fire with large fireworks type explosives and accelerants. Folks done got pissed off and lost their minds!! That's some crazy ish for sure.

Randaleese

You people with crazy ass scams are funny. I can NOT BELIEVE folks still fall for that ish. SMDH.. And countin my money while y'all rollin pennies!!

Yurra Knutz

That's not good

Frosticles

At least there are no signs of foul play, thus far.

Pillsbury Pancakes

I made the same freaked out, frantic phone call to 911 when I slept with Miley Cyrus. "I just exploded in Miley Cyrus, and she won't wipe that spongebob square pants tongue out look off her face, HELP ME"

rwier

The demeanor of the 911 operators can easily be controlled by the demeanor of the callers. The 911 operator's mistake was in not asking the caller if there was someone nearby she could hand the phone to. Even a ten year old paper boy/girl would have been preferable to report the situation.

myopinion

I wonder if the woman that was walking the dog had something to do with it?

shay30076

It is so very sad that a man woman and their 2 kids have lost their lives.

Masoncakes

Every single comment is spam! Wtf! Can't the people who run this website delete this comments! It's so annoying

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments