« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

I'M NOT A RACIST

5/8/2014 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0504-donald-sterling-tro-01

Donald Sterling
 has broken his silence in a recent phone conversation in which he angrily and adamantly says, "I'm not a racist."

The conversation, which we're told was recorded without Sterling's knowledge and posted on Radar Online, is between Sterling and a friend who questioned him about the audio posted on TMZ Sports.

During the conversation, Sterling said ...

-- "It breaks my heart that Magic Johnson, a guy that I respect so much, wouldn’t stand up and say, ‘Well let’s get the facts. Let’s get him and talk to him.’ Nobody tried. Nobody!”

-- "You think I’m a racist? You think I have anything in the world but love for everybody? You don’t think that! You know I’m not a racist!"

-- "Do you think I told the coach to get white players? Or to get the best player he can get?"

When asked about the NBA trying to force a sale of the Clippers, Sterling responded ... "You can't force somebody to sell property in America. I'm a lawyer. That's my opinion."

042514_donald_sterling_large_launch_v4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PRICEISRIGHT

This was obviously coordinated by Donald sterling to have it recorded and put out in the media. We all know this recording of Donald was set up by himself to make himself look like he's not a racist, when in fact we all know he's racist as the plantation owners from the 1800's! Donald, we weren't born yesterday! Get with the program you geezer!

FREEDOM

TMZ NEEDS TO LAY OFF STERLING.

FREEDOM

EXCLUSIVE-TMZ-OFF-THE-AIR

FREEDOM

TMZ SUCKS!

Kimberly

No, of course not luv, nor are you white, old, jewish, married, OR had any affairs. Lol

FREEDOM

STERLING WILL CONQUER THIS , IT ALL IS REFLECTING HIS INNOCENCE.

cluesarethere

Incredible rush to judgement.... That whole mob mentality is rather scary. Finally we get to hear his side.

FREEDOM

THE BLACK MAN CAN'T HANDLE REALITY.

jkcheendog

This is the 1st and the last comment I will make about this situation. I feel that everyone, including the paparazzi, should stop giving her attention. She doesn't seem to mind negative or positive attention, as long as she gets some of what she is so desperately looking for. Hmmmm...what's that sound I hear? Oh, that's V's alarm going off to remind her that her 15 MINUTES OF FAME ARE UP! ! Oh yeah, 1 more thing......Hey V, can you say "Daddy issues" ??

Truth

Magic Johnson sucks. I lost all respect for him. Why is it OK for some people to just automatically convict and sentence people, no questions asked?

Sashatree

There's no gray area here. Sterling's own words clearly prove he's a racist, as do his past actions and lawsuits brought against him for bias/racist actions. And he only owns a FRANCHISE and the NBA has EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO MAKE HIM SELL IT! I'm thrilled he's outed himself -- and I wish him nothing but grief and shame! He's a PIG!

FREEDOM

ARE YOU DONE CONDEMNING STERLING YET.

FREEDOM

VINDICATED.!

FREEDOM

STERLING IS A SUPER HERO. WAKE UP BLACK AMERICA.

Truth

I quite enjoy laughing at how those that complain about racism are all "Jew" this and "Jew" that. That's standard liberal behavior. They get to be bigoted (as usual) and it's OK for some reason. Hip, even.