Dr. Dre

Getting $3 BILLION for Beats!!

Apple Deal Reportedly Close

5/8/2014 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Dr. Dre Selling Beats Apple
Dr. Dre could be days away from being the first rapper turned BILLIONAIRE ... thanks to a mega-deal for Apple to snatch up his Beats Electronics brand.

Apple will reportedly buy Beats for a whopping $3.2 BILLION -- and since Dre and Interscope honcho Jimmy lovine created the brand ... it's a safe bet they will walk away with a huge chunk of that cash.

Dre and Jimmy started the brand back in 2008 with headphones -- but now they're also making bank off speakers, car audio systems, and a streaming service.

The deal could close next week ... and would be Apple's biggest acquisition ever.

Dre came in #2 on Forbes' most recent list of hip hop's wealthiest artists -- with a net worth of $550 million ... while Diddy was #1 at $700 million.

The Apple deal -- first reported by Variety -- could easily push the Doc to the top of that list. This would also explain his purchase of Tom Brady's mansion

Keep their heads ringing.

David

I see that the Whites are fundamental at suppressing the advancement of the Blacks. When will you Blacks stop with the crying that the White man is keeping you down. I'm sick of you all and if you can't appreciate that this is a country where all you need to do to advance is to work hard and make an honest living. So if you don't like it here, go back to Africa and have your daughters kidnapped by the Black warloads. There you will be able to see what real savery is.

01void

He'll beats it all the way to the bank

Texas45

Some of you racist conservatives crack me up.If Dr Dre was poor and on welfare you'd be ranting about why he should be working,and he's lazy,he's sucking off your hard working tax dollars,mooching monkey.Be a man and give this man respect where respect is due for his hard work and successes just like you do to your white rich conservative bigot heros.

MGFunk

I am not sure why, but am so proud of him! I think it's because I grew up listening to his gangsta rap in the 90's and he was able to grow and take care of business. I can relate! Now it's time for the doctor to check yo ass *****!!

81supporter

I don't know anyone that likes them anymoreUed apple making huge mistake sT

IfYouSaySo

Kim kardashian must be ma that she didn't get with DRE and have his kid lol Pimp mama jenner fell asleep on this one

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Own several pairs. That were custom made by colorware. Absolutely great product.

boo boo

Holy crap! That's crazy.

MGFunk

Have any of you broke ass *****s even samples a Beats product? Absolutely amazing!!

static

I can't believe Apple would be foolish enough to buy into that cheap ass tinny sounding $hit , It sounds more like something Micro$haft would do.

taffy84

Wow congratulations he's a hard working man an self made can't hate me n that

Mark

So now Apple owns a product licenced to Sony laptops. That's not going to work, seeing that both make the same products and have a hate on each other. So I guess it's time to sell the PS4 as Sony goes bust! Thanks Dre for putting another nail in the Sony coffin, so long PSN.

tmon3ydadjmbr

Dr.dre could of got more for the beats brand because it has alot of followers and apple is a rich company come now but if it's good for dr.dre I guess it's ok

tmon3ydadjmbr

But im happy with my beats wireless headphones "for the guy that said have we ever sampled a beats product"

MrsK

.....in the meantime...the mother if his kid... Michelle' is broke as a joke