« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

Blasts Magic For 'Having AIDS'

'He Should Be Ashamed'

5/13/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

051214_andeson_cooper_sterling_launch_v2
Donald Sterling
says Magic Johnson is a bad example for the children of L.A. because of what he did to "get A.I.D.S." back in the '90s ... and says he should be ashamed of himself.

Sterling made the comments to Anderson Cooper during his big CNN interview ... saying "To do what [Magic] did and then get A.I.D.S. ... I mean, come on."

For the record, Magic does not have A.I.D.S. -- but was diagnosed H.I.V. positive back in 1991.

Sterling continued his attack on Magic -- saying, "Big Magic Johnson ... what has he done? He's got A.I.D.S."

"What kind of a guy goes to every city and has sex with every girl? Then he catches H.I.V. ... is that someone we wanna respect and tell our kids about? I think he should be ashamed of himself. I think he should go into the background."

Sterling also said he believes Magic tricked him into staying quiet in the days after TMZ Sports published the original audio recording as part of a diabolical plot to take over the Clippers.

Sterling also just called Anderson Cooper a RACIST -- saying, "I think you have more of a plantation mentality than I do ... and I think you're more of a racist than I am."

Sterling didn't explain why he believes Cooper is a racist.

Sterling seems to be in denial about how the players feel about him -- saying they still "love me." He says the media hates him.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Birthdaygirl

Anderson seems to have a thing for Magic. He just needs to put Magic's Johnson in his mouth and STFU! He sounds so unprofessional and judgmental. Disgusting little b!+(#

Michelle

This guy needs a good lawyer to tell him sit down and shut up. He's just digging himself deeper and deeper.

40cal

The more this guy opens his mouth the worse it gets..this guys a disaster.

boo boo

It's easy to spot the posters on this thread who aren't basketball fans.

Ben IncaHutz

This old geezer is paying millions of dollars to bang crazy prostitutes and he is running his mouth off about Magic? Really?

Oldfart

The racist prick has a point though

40cal

But I must add that helmet wearing bitch ain't far behind. .

EastCoastChopper

How many women are no longer on this planet because they were not lucky enough to have Magic's healthcare back in 1989? Not to mention, MJ was lucky that he was one of the "non-progressors" who did not suffer the rapid destruction of the immune system...

MJ is no hero...dats 4 sho!

FoodForThought

Let this clown dig his own grave ✌

L. Ron Hubbard -Scientologist

Magic probably infected many women and men because of his irresponsible behavior!

taz

Will somebody please flush this pile of s+++. He is so delusional and hateful. No wonder his face looks like that, all that evil shows.

Stupidcomments

Pure ignorance

Orange Harvey

I don't like this guy one bit, however; Magic did admit to cheating on his pregnant wife with partners in every NBA city in the U.S.. So what do the morons do?.... build him a statue after he announces that he has H.I.V.

Wow ...

Magic shouldn't be looked up to, because he slept with women and got HIV. But, apparently an 80 year old man buying a woman 50 yrs his junior is. SMH

Angel in the house

Sterling is a mental case or the guy is suffering from dementia. Either way he needs to just keep his mouth shut.