Jay Z

Physically ATTACKED by Beyonce's Sister [VIDEO]

5/12/2014 8:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jay Z Attacked By Solange Knowles
Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange  ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC.  In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times.  At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her.  Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

And this is interesting.  When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

At one point, Solange smacks Jay with her purse ... spilling the contents all over the floor of the elevator.

Eventually the group exits the elevator ... but not before Solange takes a few last shots.

All three walked out of the building together -- Solange looks pissed -- but while Bey and Solange get in one car ... security walks Jay to a different one.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

0512_jay_z_solange_beyonce_fight_photos_footer
1966 COMMENTS

SarahBeebee

finally TMZ. A story worth reading about! These are the stories we want! Seeing real celebs (non reality tv stars) being caught in scandal.

Shampagne

Jay Z treats Bey like **** for years. Good for Solange for defending her sister because Bey is afraid to do so!

TJ

Menage a trois, gone work! Awesome find TMZ!

SaSaSmelly

JZ got caught with his 'hand' in a cookie jar and Solange gave him a beatdown for her sister!!

CrassHad

Jay Z probably said something mean and out of place to Solange , she wouldnt just attack him for no reason. Jay Z , TyTy , and many of the execs at Roc Nation treat ppl who dont look a certain way or have a certain status like crap and like they are "better than". The interns treat ppl like crap too, it starts from the top down so they are only picking up on what they see. I wouldnt be surprised if Jay Z came out his face. Also beyonce looks like the fool she is just standing there.

Bloorain82

At almost the end of the video Bey turns and looks at Jay, like a "wtf" did you do moment. I think Jay did something inappropriate and Solange went off.

Melissa B

Sorry, but why didn't Beyonce do anything??! That is her husband!! I understand I have a sister, but I'll be damned if I let her hit up on my husband and father of my children!! Solange has always had an attitude problem!!

brandonbrook

IT doesn't look like she was just standing there to me. She stood in front if Jay and stepped in when she started kicking. People love to over think things.

TJ

Somebody's husband has be double dipping ".An a baby!"

jimmy d

Jay z farted in elevator,and broke Solange was expecting 10000 bills to emit from his balloon knot

Dalton

Our citizens of color are such a hoot!

DEM_67

I wonder if this had anything to do with Beyonce's fake pregnancy? My bet is that one of Beyonce's sisters, as a DNA match and surrogate (possibly this crazy one) gave birth to the kid...not Beyonce...."Where's my Baby, Jay!! Where's my baby money Jay!! I don't want my baby being a part of your so-called 'Illuminati' satanic worshiping, Jay...gimme' back my baby, Jay, and my money!! Oh yeah, and my weave; I think I just saw it land over there behind you. Give me back my weave before I kick you again."

DEM_67