« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Magic Johnson

DONALD STERLING NEEDS HELP

We Should Pray for Him

5/13/2014 10:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051314_tmz_live_magic_launch
Magic Johnson has finally responded to Donald Sterling's vicious attack -- telling us the disgraced Clippers owner is deeply troubled ... and is in desperate need of help.

Johnson just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and fired back at Sterling's allegations that he ignores the black community ... telling us he's dedicated his life -- and billions of dollars -- to giving back.

"I'm a proud black man. I'm a leader in the black community and I take that role seriously," Johnson said.

Magic says ... instead of attacking Sterling, he thinks the guy needs help -- and says he is praying for him. Though he points out Sterling has NOT once truly apologized to him or the black community.

Johnson also says Sterling is pissed at the wrong person -- telling us, "He should point the anger at the young woman."

Magic says he thinks Sterling was also trying to pit blacks and Jews against each other during his interview with CNN -- but says he will NOT succeed.

In the end, Magic says he's very secure with himself and won't let Sterling's comments bring him down -- saying, "It's sad. We just got to pray for him."

051214_andeson_cooper_sterling_launch_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

iCantbelievethisChit

I don't believe why the hell people attacking magic all he did was take a picture with a groupie lol you people are f@#$%% nuts

Rocking

What cool and smooth gentleman and human being. Magic we love you and support you ..Hispanic community in the house ...puñeta !!!

Wetofromtheghetto

I'm starting do think Magic conspired with the Sterling mistress to make that tape so he could buy the clippers at a discount rate. Seeing him front row at the Clippers game talking to the NBA commissioner just confirms that theory

iCantbelievethisChit

Sterling cursed a gold digger out an now the world is mad at magic lol people do not seem to grasp the concept of placing blame where it lay lol attack the gold digger for not being a good heffa

HumanNature

SOMEBODY NEED TO "SLAP" THAT OLD RACIST BIGOT!!!!!!

ilovemygrandkids

in harvey levins voice!!IM A LAWYER!!!!

ama

He's becoming as big of a fame whore as visor skank.

Robbie

Regardless of Magic's efforts - which were considerable in the past - to invest in the black community, my question to Sterling (and the interviewer) is, "Is that Magic Johnson's job?" Why is it an expectation that Magic SHOULD spend his hard earned money to "help" the black community? It would seem that what Magic does with his earnings is his business, not that of Donald Sterling OR anyone else.

Timmy Boy

Isnt sterling a jew? Magic needs to pray for HIS gay son.

Mike Jones

Wow reading all of these comments make me realize ignorance is contagious!

cluesarethere

Anyone else find it a bit concerning how Rookie commissioner Silver and Magic are so close?

HumanNature

This speech was said to have been delivered by Willie Lynch on the bank of the James River in the colony of Virginia in 1712. Lynch was a British slave owner in the West Indies. He was invited to the colony of Virginia in 1712 to teach his methods to slave owners there.

[beginning of the Willie Lynch Letter]

Greetings,

Gentlemen. I greet you here on the bank of the James River in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and twelve. First, I shall thank you, the gentlemen of the Colony of Virginia, for bringing me here. I am here to help you solve some of your problems with slaves.

Your invitation reached me on my modest plantation in the West Indies, where I have experimented with some of the newest, and still the oldest, methods for control of slaves.

Ancient Rome would envy us if my program is implemented. As our boat sailed south on the James River, named for our illustrious King, whose version of the Bible we cherish, I saw enough to know that your problem is not unique.

While Rome used cords of wood as crosses for standing human bodies along its highways in great numbers, you are here using the tree and the rope on occasions. I caught the whiff of a dead slave hanging from a tree, a couple miles back.

You are not only losing valuable stock by hangings, you are having uprisings, slaves are running away, your crops are sometimes left in the fields too long for maximum profit, you suffer occasional fires, your animals are killed.

Gentlemen, you know what your problems are; I do not need to elaborate. I am not here to enumerate your problems, I am here to introduce you to a method of solving them.

In my bag here, I HAVE A FULL PROOF METHOD FOR CONTROLLING YOUR BLACK SLAVES. I guarantee every one of you that, if installed correctly, IT WILL CONTROL THE SLAVES FOR AT LEAST 300 HUNDREDS YEARS.

My method is simple. Any member of your family or your overseer can use it. I HAVE OUTLINED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENCES AMONG THE SLAVES; AND I TAKE THESE DIFFERENCES AND MAKE THEM BIGGER. I USE FEAR, DISTRUST AND ENVY FOR CONTROL PURPOSES.

These methods have worked on my modest plantation in the West Indies and it will work throughout the South. Take this simple little list of differences and think about them.

On top of my list is “AGE,” but it’s there only because it starts with an “a.” The second is “COLOR” or shade. There is INTELLIGENCE, SIZE, SEX, SIZES OF PLANTATIONS, STATUS on plantations, ATTITUDE of owners, whether the slaves live in the valley, on a hill, East, West, North, South, have fine hair, course hair, or is tall or short.

Now that you have a list of differences, I shall give you an outline of action, but before that, I shall assure you that DISTRUST IS STRONGER THAN TRUST AND ENVY STRONGER THAN ADULATION, RESPECT OR ADMIRATION.

The Black slaves after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self-refueling and self-generating for HUNDREDS of years, maybe THOUSANDS. Don’t forget, you must pitch the OLD black male vs. the YOUNG black male, and the YOUNG black male against the OLD black male. You must use the DARK skin slaves vs. the LIGHT skin slaves, and the LIGHT skin slaves vs. the DARK skin slaves.

You must use the FEMALE vs. the MALE, and the MALE vs. the FEMALE. You must also have white servants and overseers [who] distrust all Blacks. But it is NECESSARY THAT YOUR SLAVES TRUST AND DEPEND ON US. THEY MUST LOVE, RESPECT AND TRUST ONLY US.

Gentlemen, these kits are your keys to control. Use them. Have your wives and children use them, never miss an opportunity. IF USED INTENSELY FOR ONE YEAR, THE SLAVES THEMSELVES WILL REMAIN PERPETUALLY DISTRUSTFUL.

Thank you gentlemen.”

RACISM IN AMERICA IS REAL AND SHOULD BE DEALT WITH!!!!!

DON'T FORGET THAT RACIST PEOPLE RUN THE MEDIA AND THE WORLD!!!!!

Honest~Gal

Magic, you are a true gentleman, any man that walk on with his head held high without reducing himself to being like the other person is just amazing, and not an unkind word was spoken to retaliate, I Adore Magic for being a man of principal, I wish there were more people who graced the earth with the same morals and values, then our world would be less hateful and angry, No this doesnt mean everyone is ugly, but lately we aren't immune to what we see. And hear on a daily basis!

Honest~Gal

baby

maybe had he been home with his wife and kids, he would not have HIV, and his son might not be a big fat flaming ***-got