« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rex Ryan

Dennis Thurman Would Never Hit a Woman!

5/18/2014 8:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0518-rex-ryan-dennis-thurman-getty-01
Rex Ryan has come out swingin' in defense of his defensive coordinator -- insisting the Dennis Thurman he knows would NEVER slap a woman ... despite allegations to the contrary.

The New York Jets head coach addressed the media yesterday and immediately addressed the police report filed by a 28-year-old woman who claims Thurman slapped her at a Jersey bar.

“I know Dennis Thurman, and Dennis Thurman, the guy that I know, wouldn’t put his hands on anybody, let alone a woman. That’s the Dennis Thurman that I know.”

Ryan couched his defense ... by saying, "I wasn't there—I don't know ... but again, I'm confident that when everything comes out that people will start seeing the character of Dennis Thurman that I know."

He concluded ... "I think when all the facts come out about everything, I think that people will start to realize that it’ll come around that the guy that I’m describing, everybody else will see the same way I do. All right? Really I think that’s all I’m going to talk about, about this situation, but I know Dennis Thurman.”

TMZ Sports broke the story ... the accuser claims Thurman got aggressive when she turned down his advances and slapped her. She claims she wasn't injured, but filed the report to prevent future attacks.

So far, no charges have been filed against Thurman.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FREEDOM

SLAPPING ANYONE IS ASSAULT.

FREEDOM

JUST STARTLED!

dr murphy

Someone is lying,is this another woman like the one in Miami who was hangin with those west coast NFL football players,she got too drunk and high,passed out they called 911 to get her out of their condo,she woke up at the hospital,claiming a possible rape.these woman need to get a life.

beigebrother

Well SOMETHING knocked the taste out that bitch's mouth

lilly

I found lots of her pictures here, http://fabwags.com/jessie-steinberg-sexy-giirl-slapped-jets-defensive-coordinator-dennis-thurman/ she actually looks much better, to me she is just trying to get some attention for her modeling career

FREEDOM

NO ONE SHOUD BE RIDICULED FOR GETTING SLAPPED. ONLY THE BASTARD THAT DID IT.

Halojay

I know DT personally, and this is total BS. No way he had any malicious intent. I've been lucky enough to meet a few professional athletes (former or current) in my life, and he is by far the coolest one. A great dude, make no mistake....don't believe the hype.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4