50 Cent

I Didn't Blow Off My Son's Graduation ...

I Wasn't Invited

5/19/2014 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0519-marquise-jackson-facebook-post-0150 Cent didn't abandon his son on high school graduation day -- despite an emotional Facebook post from the kid -- instead 50 claims he was intentionally blocked from attending by his son's mother ... at least that's what 50 is telling friends.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, Fiddy is extremely hurt and upset by the photo his son Marquise Jackson posted on Facebook Sunday crying in his cap and gown while hugging his mother.

Marquise wrote, "Yea I broke down. I was really excited to see my pops at my graduation but he never showed up smh. My sister and mama is always there for me just know that you wasn't. I did it without you."

But 50 disagrees ... telling friends he was never told when or where the graduation ceremony was, or he would have been there. FYI, the ceremony was at Marquise's private school in ATL (the same school 50 reportedly foots the bills for).

We're told 50 spent last weekend in NYC for a charity event.

NeaJ

Most outdoor graduations don't require an invite. His son's mother can say that she didn't want him there all she wanted but if 50 wanted to be there, he would've been

Lynn317

Whatever English teacher gave this kid a passing grade - needs to be FIRED!

Truth

CMON... DUDE KNEW IT WAS HIS SON'S GRADUATION. HE RATHER ATTEND A CHARITY EVENT AND GET PAID!! 50 PENNIES ALWAYS FLASHIN DEM BILLS ON TWITTER AND IG. YALL KNOW WATS HE ALL ABOUT. ISNT THIS THE SAME KID HE FIGHT ONLINE WITH? #TRUTH!!

Bill03948

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Rapper can't find a school....

boo boo

It's simple really: you talk to your son and tell him you want to go to his graduation. You ask your son when/where the ceremony is. You call the school to secure a pair of tickets (don't be greedy and ask for special treatment or 20 tickets). You show up early with balloons and take him out to lunch. Fake nice with the rest of the family for your kid's big day - he earned it. The end!

andrewlala

50 u could have called the school

Alienchicken

Grow up marquis. My dad showed up at my graduation drunk. Be a man. Daddy doesn't need to be at your graduation.

LetsBeReAL

I doubt 50 cent wasn't invited. Of course he was. He knew where it was. He picked his self absorbed self over his son. That's the perfect response that his son made, though. He did it without 25 cent. Good for him. Good for his mother raising someone who values education. 50 cent and every other deadbeat father out there should be ashamed of themselves. Use a condom, women use birth control when both future parents don't want to bring children into this world. It's and 18+ yr job. If you can't handle that then don't have kids.

Tammy

Is this kid crazy? Why would he expect 50 to show up if he didn't give him a ticket? Most schools will give you two tickets and you pay for anymore after that, so if he gave one to him mom and one to his sister and didn't buy a 3rd, why in the world would 50 show up? Additionally, did he tell 50 when and where the graduation would be? Does he believe 50 is psychic? Of course, if he gave him a ticket, that information would be on it. I call shena****ns and BS on the kid's sob story!!

Sd85

Well, when I graduated HS, it was outdoors but each student was asked how many tickets they needed and were only allowed about 4 per student. So, if you didn't have a ticket, you weren't invited, per say :/ this sounds like bad communication all around and pettiness from mama. If 50 was already footing the bills for a private school, he should have been invited to the graduation....And if he was invited and didn't show, then what was the point of paying for the school? Lol

boo boo

LetsBeReAL

Wendy

If my son was graduating NOTHING could keep me away.

Observer

B.S.

You should KNOW when your son graduates,
and you should BE THERE without having to be told?

Weak Azz excuse from ANOTHER ABSENT parent.
or "So Called" parent.