50 Cent

I Didn't Blow Off My Son's Graduation ...

I Wasn't Invited

5/19/2014 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0519-marquise-jackson-facebook-post-0150 Cent didn't abandon his son on high school graduation day -- despite an emotional Facebook post from the kid -- instead 50 claims he was intentionally blocked from attending by his son's mother ... at least that's what 50 is telling friends.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, Fiddy is extremely hurt and upset by the photo his son Marquise Jackson posted on Facebook Sunday crying in his cap and gown while hugging his mother.

Marquise wrote, "Yea I broke down. I was really excited to see my pops at my graduation but he never showed up smh. My sister and mama is always there for me just know that you wasn't. I did it without you."

But 50 disagrees ... telling friends he was never told when or where the graduation ceremony was, or he would have been there. FYI, the ceremony was at Marquise's private school in ATL (the same school 50 reportedly foots the bills for).

We're told 50 spent last weekend in NYC for a charity event.

NeaJ

Most outdoor graduations don't require an invite. His son's mother can say that she didn't want him there all she wanted but if 50 wanted to be there, he would've been

Tammy

Is this kid crazy? Why would he expect 50 to show up if he didn't give him a ticket? Most schools will give you two tickets and you pay for anymore after that, so if he gave one to him mom and one to his sister and didn't buy a 3rd, why in the world would 50 show up? Additionally, did he tell 50 when and where the graduation would be? Does he believe 50 is psychic? Of course, if he gave him a ticket, that information would be on it. I call shena****ns and BS on the kid's sob story!!

LetsBeReAL

I doubt 50 cent wasn't invited. Of course he was. He knew where it was. He picked his self absorbed self over his son. That's the perfect response that his son made, though. He did it without 25 cent. Good for him. Good for his mother raising someone who values education. 50 cent and every other deadbeat father out there should be ashamed of themselves. Use a condom, women use birth control when both future parents don't want to bring children into this world. It's and 18+ yr job. If you can't handle that then don't have kids.

sheesh

BS!!! All it would have taken was a simple phone call if he had wanted to be there. Quit making excuses 50 cent, or you won't be worth 2cents. That's your son, he didn't ask for you to knock up his mom.

billson1234

I probably would not attend either the kids main influence in his life was his mother and since her and 50 are not together anymore and from the things I've seen or heard about her she's super vindictive so it'll explain that lack of respect for 50 the kid looks exactly like his father but he's a younger male version of his mother like I said a while ago kids brainwashed against his father

boo boo

It's simple really: you talk to your son and tell him you want to go to his graduation. You ask your son when/where the ceremony is. You call the school to secure a pair of tickets (don't be greedy and ask for special treatment or 20 tickets). You show up early with balloons and take him out to lunch. Fake nice with the rest of the family for your kid's big day - he earned it. The end!

billson1234

mrs_wright

Why are people talking about his grammar? Writing on instagram vs writing an academic paper are completely different! ~stop being *******s

billson1234

James Bond

Fiddy should get a refund from the school because it looks like his son went to a $.99 cent university.

billson1234

fresera

I think the real story here is that he graduated despite his atrocious grammar. Our education system will pass just about anybody, apparently.

CaliCakes702

Here's a grand idea...how about you actually communicate with your son and find out your fu*king self.

Teresa andrews

Graduation dates aren't a state secret. 50 could've easily found out the date on his own.

Teresa andrews