TV Host Bill Cunningham

Sued ... You Hate Muslims!

5/21/2014 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0521-bill-cunningham-01
TV talk show host Bill Cunningham doesn't have a shred of common decency -- or a clue about the Constitution -- according to a woman who says he humiliated her over her religion.

Nicole Johnson -- a devout Muslim -- says she attended a February taping of "The Bill Cunningham Show" in NYC wearing a traditional head covering -- a hijab -- as her religion requires.

Johnson claims in a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- show employees forced her to leave her front row seat and sit in the cheap seats ... because they didn't like the way her hijab looked.   She also claims she was prohibited from asking a question during the show.

Johnson says she suffered mental anguish and embarrassment.

We've reached out to the show ... so far, no word back.

01void

She doesn't like the rules and law in America, then go live and the Middle East.

John

So, is she allowed to go into a bank with that crap on? I have to take my ball cap off when I enter a bank.

lisalake

LOL! No doubt that's the reason she was there... why in the hell would a muslim attend the BC show??

JLS

Well, so do I! I'm very clear who murdered almost 3000 Americans on Sept. 11. And knowing who is afer you and is your ENEMY is not being a racist.

JLS

If she wants to be oppressed and sub serviant, fine. Then get the F out of the United States where women are respected and FREE. Go back to where your completely covered up Muslim body doesn't get a second look. These types are enemies of the USA. They slaughtered almost 3000 Americans and I'm not honoring the m or their effn rights in any effn WAY. She's a flaming POS.

kewljewl

Good for him. That s*** scares the crap outta me when I see it on a plane. Sorry. If 9/11 didn't happen...I wouldn't care.

Veritas

Majority of the comments regarding this story are truly sickening and repulsive . The lack of empathy shown to this lady is baffling. She did nothing to deserve that level of discrimination. Why do I have a feeling that if this was a nun, or an orthodox Jewish lady(who also wear head covering) the tone of all these comments would be different. Sadly, history tends to repeat itself. This is reminiscent of the level of hate shown to another religious group in Germany not too long ago. Fair to say we know how that turned out. I hope to God things don't escalate in that direction. I still have hope that their are good people out there, who will stand up for common human decency.

143218

Well take that **** off of your head and you won't feel mental anguish and embarrassment any more.

Carl

I think she doesn't understand how the constitution works. The government can't discriminate against her, but a private citizen or business can (with some limits). This is the exact same issue that conservatives fail to understand when they scream about the First Amendment after some right winger offends someone and people are outraged.

D-INCARNATION

Time to close the gate, the country's full don't let anymore in...

D-INCARNATION

Americans should have smacking privileges on theses folks....

moG

Suck it up Lady. They would execute you in your country for this type of disobedience. If you don't like it...LEAVE!

kewljewl

Radical Islamists scare me. But so do radical baptists

Factual

You come to this country and you assimilate to the American ways

Taxman

Technically her husband accompanied her to the courthouse and filed the lawsuit in her name after giving her his consent to leave the house.