« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark Cuban

APOLOGIZES TO TRAYVON MARTIN'S FAMILY

5/22/2014 2:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0522-cuban-treyvon-tmz-01
Mark Cuban has just issued an apology to the family of Trayvon Martin ... claiming he wasn't thinking to consider Martin's family when he mentioned a black person in a hoodie in a conversation about prejudice.

Cuban just tweeted, "In hindsight I should have used different examples.  I didn't consider the Trayvon Martin family, and I apologize to them for that."

He added, "Beyond apologizing to the Martin family,  I stand by the words and substance of the interview."

Cuban is referring to the comments he made during an interview in Nashville where he said, "I know I'm prejudiced and I know I'm bigoted in a lot of different ways. If I see a black kid in a hoodie on my side of the street, I'll move to the other side of the street. If I see a white guy with a shaved head and tattoos, I'll move back to the other side of the street. None of us have pure thoughts; we all live in glass houses." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Hotness

Racist caulk sucker!!!

Skit

Cuban no need to apologize to them. its not like they have a patent on hoodies. it was just a picture of that little POS when he was younger
Besides. The little punk got exactly what he deserved!!!

Skit

His family should apologize to everyone for raising such a piece of trash

BLUE UGLY 💩

Send him back to Cuba!!11

gegeok

Yep....and if I see a dude who looks like him...Mr Cuban..id...walk away...quik...amigo..might rob me...

WD

"claiming he wasn't thinking consider Martin's family "

Oh the irony

Skit

TMZ why dont you put up Treyvons "thug" facebook pictures instead of his childhood picture. You really should represent him in the way that he really was.
A complete POS!!!!

kimkardashianstalkingass

And if he saw a white kid in a hoodie, he would do what................................ ? So is the hoodie alone or does it have to be a black kid and a hoodie?

Gary

Mr. Cuban,No need to apologize. Millions of people feel the same way you do.No one will stand up to the plate and say it-thanks to the "thought police" now in charge of our 3rd rate America. Thank you for saying the truth.

kimkardashianstalkingass

and if it was a mixed race kid in a hoddie, would he just leave the sidewalk and walk in the middle of the street?

O

I don't think he was being racist at all, just real. Everyone has what could be considered racist inklings. It's just how humanity is. If you're walking by the projects at 3am and a group of guys walk up wearing hoodies and Baggie pants looking suspect you're going to be more on alert then you would be if a group of guys walking by laughing wearing suits is walking by, black or white. It's just a matter of like he said, walking to the other side of the street or pulling out a gun and killing everyone because they look a certain type of way. It's your choice and 100% ok to walk the other way because of your opinion it's 100% wrong to pull a gun and kill them instead because of your opinion.

Skit

Its like saying sorry to treyvons family for saying skittles suck.
Lame lame lame
Everyone needs to stop making empty apologies.
Stand behind your words and fcuk the sensitive whiners

Celeb Gossip Addict

I agree. He's just being honest.

toddpugz7111

Does multi-gazillionare Mark Cuban walk around the streets by himself late at night a lot?

HRH Prince Michael

May 24, 2014, will mark the sixth-anniversary for one of the most Powerful and Impactive d o c u m e n t s
ever written. It's sheer Truth and Prophecy,