« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark Cuban

APOLOGIZES TO TRAYVON MARTIN'S FAMILY

5/22/2014 2:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0522-cuban-treyvon-tmz-01
Mark Cuban has just issued an apology to the family of Trayvon Martin ... claiming he wasn't thinking to consider Martin's family when he mentioned a black person in a hoodie in a conversation about prejudice.

Cuban just tweeted, "In hindsight I should have used different examples.  I didn't consider the Trayvon Martin family, and I apologize to them for that."

He added, "Beyond apologizing to the Martin family,  I stand by the words and substance of the interview."

Cuban is referring to the comments he made during an interview in Nashville where he said, "I know I'm prejudiced and I know I'm bigoted in a lot of different ways. If I see a black kid in a hoodie on my side of the street, I'll move to the other side of the street. If I see a white guy with a shaved head and tattoos, I'll move back to the other side of the street. None of us have pure thoughts; we all live in glass houses." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Roman Moroni

Totally irrelevant and who cares purely subjective

Ginger

America has taken this to fat

Ginger

Far

D-INCARNATION

He's right....

kimkardashianstalkingass

I'm sure some of the Mavericks will love to hear that Cuban is afraid to walk by one of their sons. Guys like Cuban love black people when black people are making them money. There no mistake about it, no matter who's to blame, we still have some serious race issues in our country. Look how divided most cities/neighborhoods are in most US cities, we are pretty split up regardless if it's intentional or unintentional.

zombie

He is speaking the truth. Whenever we see people of any color that have stereotypical traits about them we do act more cautiously. It is NOT a comment only about those of color but about EVERYONE.I do not care about the color of skin BUT I do care about looking shifty and untrustworthy. Come near me bobbing and weaving and acting a fool, my defenses are up regardless of your color. I was mugged years ago. Violently punched in the face to get my purse. I ALWAYS suspect people are up to no good since then. Color be damned.

Blockboy720

This story dint need to be told.

pappyparker

Never apologize for speaking the truth .

gd4nthg

I would never apologize for having an opinion

justhere

He wasn't talking about them. He is a good man people just look for reasons to be offended. I agree with everything he said. Its true. Everyone feels that way

David

Trayvon was a thug going around and breaking into houses. When you break the law, things happen to you.

gd4nthg

Zim was defending his neighborhood from the criminal trash. He did the world a favor and was 100% justified shooting that POS. Need more people like that that are willing to defend their neighborhood from criminal trash!
I hope to see more and more cases like this in the future.

nof

For an absolute fact I know Mark Cuban isn't racist.

Was in his office just last month?

-big mural painting - in a hoodie - of Lamar Odom.

Rhubino

I've been physically assaulted (in daylight, sober, minding my business) five times in my life. Four of the five times the aggressors were Black (in a population that's 10% Black). I've learned to cross the damn street, too.

Ron Fing Swanson

Oh noes, he's racist too ban him from earth. America is too damn PC.