« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrien Broner's Homeless Guy

I WAS ROBBED

Violent Thief Stole My $1,000

5/25/2014 8:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The homeless guy who received $1,000 in cash from boxer Adrien Broner says he was attacked and robbed ... and the thieves stole almost EVERY DOLLAR he got from Broner.

In a video posted on World Star Hip Hop, the homeless man -- sporting a nasty black eye -- says he was hours away from going to put money down on an apartment when when he was attacked by two men.

The man implies that he was targeted because of the video Broner posted -- and says he only spent $20 or $30 of the $1k.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Elle

But this seems true - look at under his eyes. This is so sad. I feel sad for this boy!

FREEDOM

THIS KID IS PLAYING TMZ ALL THE WAY. NICE STORY SO FAR.

FREEDOM

HE BLAMES THE VIDEO FOR THE ROBBERY. POOR EXCUSE.

mike

its sad how desperate people are and both TMZ and Adrien should have thought twice before posting the video up. also another sad thing is just because he's homeless doesn't mean he's on drugs .. plenty of people become homeless by normal means without drugs.. Sh*t happens

Halo

This could be a stunt to gain sympathy ......... And REALLY COME UP $$$$$ ....... Never kno !! Smh I don't believe Some one Find this guy #toorandom2betru

K South West

Yeh he spent twenty thirty on a FIX!

Queue and Eh

Criticizing is easy (and often fun!), but I in truth I would rather know whether or not a LEGIT fund has been started to get him back on his feet. I would throw down a fiver.

Sha

So automatically Broner is the bad guy because of the video? How about the fact that MAYBE this guy was out buying alcohol or drugs and got robbed? MAYBE he bragged to other homeless people that he just got $1000. That seems more realistic than thinking someone watched the video and said lets go find him and take the 1 grand. This is BS. the 1st thing i would have done was get a cheap room and get off the streets so to avoid being robbed in the 1st place.

en Todo Momento!!

should have put it in a bank account. it's safer there.

quilligan

It was all done for a look how good I am fix, but real heroes don't toot their own horn. As soon as I saw it I wondered how fast someone was going to take it from him with his face everywhere and no place safe to put it.

en Todo Momento!!

and anyways, one month of rent is not going to get you anywhere. some slumlord probably just wanted to get his hands on the cash. how else did some face bashers know he had all that cash? like as though some homeless dudes watched tmz and saw this dude got a thousand dollars. the landlord probably was like: before i have to go through all the trouble for one month of rent, to clean and inspect, then have to fix and repair and clean up for some dude for a month, because i can guarantee he will be moving out in a month, i'll just go get it out of his hands. want to bet? it was the landlord's gang who janked his chit. i bet.

Roundisnotsquare

Yep. Here we go. $1000 wasn't good enough? He probably gave one of his homeless buddies a couple bucks to punch him and now claims he was robbed. Now, it is the video's fault. Mmmkkay. Go ahead and sue like I knew you would once I saw the first video.

BHonest

He should have traveled away from that area. Maybe some place where he could have tried to get a fresh start. I know $1,000 is not much in this economy, but it could have gotten him out of there.

josette redwolf

like to help this guy get off the streets. I will donate jewelry if tmz will host a auction..tell harvey to call me ..

amyd

Liar. All you holier than thou losers who thought he was worthy. He spent that on drugs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments