The Hamptons

Kardashians Will Be Cash Cows

5/27/2014 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0527-khloe-kourtney-dash-southampton2
The mayor of ritzy Southampton has beef with "Keeping Up with The Kardashians" -- claiming producers lied to him -- but he also knows the family's about to help his town make bank, and as they say ... money talks.

Mark Epley tells TMZ he was initially told by producers Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian would NOT be opening a new Dash in his town while filming there this summer, but it turns out a pop-up store is in the works. He says he has no problem with it -- he just wishes producers hadn't lied.

Epley says some residents are worried about possible traffic issues with the Kardashians in town, but he thinks the financial gain from the exposure will be huge -- record sales for Dash, and a sales boost for neighboring businesses.

As for reports the Kardashians are getting their space rent-free ... Epley says that's not true.

As TMZ first reported, the Ks had quite a difficult time finding a place to live in the Hamptons for the summer ... with most of the town refusing to rent to them.

They should've gone to the mayor from the beginning.

noGenius

the south shore is now passe', it will be more like the jersey shore than ever. time to hang out on the north shore.

baby

i do not see why anyone would buy these sweat shop made clothes. its sad to know the abuse these workers have endured to make this garbage.

Laura

Their weekly show's ratings keep going down, the Miami show tanked, people are sick to death of the Kardashians; I will never again see the Hamptons' the way I used to. Their mystique and being seen as having class will be gone--the town sold out to the Kardashian krapola. And it will never be forgotten.

Sashatree

There goes the neighborhood!

Sieron

'Cash cows' : you're half right

GothamGirl

The Hamptons seem to be doing just fine, without this band of gypsies. I bet the K Klan will encounter more glares than stares.

Roberik 22

It's abt the money. And when it starts coming in nobody is gonna care who lied to whom. U know

Brian

That city doesn't need money. Everyone who lives there is wealthy. Plenty of taxes. Tell the morons to keep their stupid show out.

angie

The Hamptons need money!? WTF for? You have to pay to breathe there.

Gold37

Why the fxck would they need a place rent free? How ridiculous! If it were true, I don't know what I would do.

Kat46

Ok I know I'm not a business major. But if the whole town hated me why oh why would I open a store there?!

mary

This guy Epley is a D...! I live out here and traffic is always a nightmare! Epley is only out for himself to make him look better! Why don't Khole and Kourtney go to the Jersey shore! That's more the speed! This guy Kpley wants to start Valet parking here in the Village! Between the kartarshians and valet parking, people stay away!!!!!!

Edddie Nash

Welp I guess almighty NYC sold out. Hahaha. All talk and don't back it up.

barnyardhumor

The Hamptons have a lot (not all) of classy, old monied people. I don't think a DASH store will do well at all, simply not the market. Ks are cheap trash evidenced by the fact they couldn't get anyone of importance to attend the wedding.

barnyardhumor

After the Miami show tanked, I was shocked that E went back for another show - be interesting to see the ratings.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments