« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

T.I. vs. Mayweather

Both Sides Posturing ...

Over T.I.'s Mystery Punch

5/27/2014 10:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0527_fatburger_fight_launch_no_swipeTMZ has sources close to both T.I. and Floyd Mayweather and it's become very clear ... each side is telling a very different version of events surrounding the fight.

No one is debating what caused it -- as TMZ first reported, it was over T.I.'s wife Tiny -- but what is up for debate ... is who hit whom during the melee.

T.I.'s side: Our T.I. sources say the rapper swung and hit Floyd ... which is what sparked the whole brawl at Fatburger in Las Vegas early Sunday morning. T.I. even hinted at the punch in an Instagram video he posted the next day.

Floyd's side: The champ is telling friends T.I. never hit him with any punch ... he only tussled with members of Floyd's security team.

You could see why each side would want to spin things. If T.I. hit Floyd, how cool is it he landed a punch against the greatest fighter around? And of course Floyd would deny it, cause what champ gets clocked by a rapper?

So the question is ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mtaira

Floyd would kill him with a hit. I believe T.I. Hit security

datruthis

Mayweathers a bitch, tell that light weight *****a he needs knock outs, even if it's out side the ring, I say let t.i. **** him up, and let him throw his girl a back hand for makin him start wit a boxer

201love67

T.I sit your bitch ass down!! Floyd will straight knock your ass out!! NOBODY WANTS YOUR MISS PIGGY LOOKING UGLY ASS GIRL BUT YOU !!

Alfonso Derquito

attention grabbers!!!! They are both wealthy animals, thats what they are. Who care who puched who. They both need to go back to where they came from... Jungle!!!! And live with the wild animals, like them.

koko

Tiny is an amazing and beautiful woman. People stop hating and get where she is. Damn, is that all y'all know!

red_tulip

They should up load the casino video instead that way this can be solve

AngelC

TI !!! Do you thang boi

ChefDeezy

When two high profile African American men behave like this in public, we ALL lose.

PumaRed

**** tip he isn't a good rapper . Or fighter. I listen to kendrick. And floyd legally can't fight. His fist because of his sport are considered deadly weapons.

maryjpaiz

Haha T.I. Winning on votes🏆

Tim

If T.I. landed a punch, it is only because he took a cheap shot and swung at him when he wasn't expecting it. Also I highly doubt T.I. would have taken that swing had it just been T.I. and Mayweather without their security teams and by themselves as everyone knows Mayweather would have knocked him out in under a minute.

Mayweathers fist are registered as lethal weapons, which means he has to show some restraint in situations like this because he could get into a lot of trouble criminally and civilly as well should he fight him and hurt him (And make no mistake about it he could have).

Thomas Sipalo

Let them do a rematch......then we shall judge.

EvrenStarmaiden1989

Lord knows I despise Mayweather, but I think he's telling the truth. For starters, Mayweather's bodyguards were around him. There's no way they would let T.I. anywhere near him knowing that he was there to cause trouble for their boss. Also, I think Mayweather would have been in even greater shock than when Maidana made him bleed during their fight. So, seeing as Mayweather wasn't all that shocked, I think it's safe to say that T.I. is lying. Anyway, whatever. The two should have just beat the **** out of each other for my entertainment, so booo!

J509

I believe Floyd! Plus Floyd would get into a lot of trouble with the law for fighting outside of the ring.

kingeternally82

I believe tip. Why else would Mayweather be mad? Both of them my dudes though.