Benzino

Airline Apologized for Racially Profiling Me

I Got Vouchers to Prove It!

5/28/2014 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052714_benzino_launch_v4
"Love & Hip Hop" star Benzino claims AirTran Airways has already accepted blame for racially profiling him on board a flight this week -- and as a gesture of its remorse, AirTran gave him 2 vouchers for $200.

TMZ posted video of Benzino's f-bomb-laced outburst shortly after he claims a flight attendant racially profiled him on his flight Tuesday from Vegas to ATL ... and the story behind the outburst is crazy.

Benzino tells us, he and his new wife were the last people to board ... and as soon as they took their First Class seats, a flight attendant demanded to see their tickets.

Benzino found this insulting, telling us the flight attendant only asked to see his tickets because he's a man of color sitting in First Class -- and that's why he erupted.

Benzino tells us, "They basically were talking to me very disrespectful and came at me inappropriate. That’s why I was upset about the situation. I am not the one to scream the race card unless I truly believe I am being treated not equal."

According to Benzino, an airline rep later apologized to him, telling him the airline was in the wrong, and then gave him and his wife two vouchers for $200. Calls to Southwest -- which merged with AirTran a few years ago -- weren't returned.

0528_voucher_Benzino_wm

Blockboy720

Why when any black person brings up race its automatically wrong...or there lying or there making it up..its racist white ppl an eminem is not the best rapper whitey Nas is...hehe

Mike94

Maybe I should try that and get some free money. Always down on the black man.

Lionnnnnesssss

Anyone in 1st class will be asked for a ticket you numb nuts.. It was probably your grammar that made them profile you!

Don DeLuxxe

Who cares? Voucher, my ass. Just shut the hell up and get off the plane. You lowlife.

Politico Pablo

Understand why he may have been offended.
But the fact he was last to board raised a concern.

People flying coach wait till everyone's boarded --then check for an unfilled 1st class seat. Free upgrades are NICE.

gawdamits

Good to know if I am ever asked to see my tickets I get $400

Pdd3517

They gave him vouchers to shut him up. Airlines give them out all of the time, ask anyone that travels frequently - its no big deal. They only gave him $200 which is not worth anything.

Joe

I call Booo Sheet. let's wait and hear from the Airline. The fact this moron has a voucher doesn't mean they agree to any wrong doing. Hey Benzino, I'm a 50 year old white guy and i have been asked a couple times to show my first class ticket. What would you call that? People always jump to race and it's very seldom the case. For you tirade you should be banned from flying with them ever again.

tellit2

He stated that they spoke to him in a manner that's disrespectful . However flight attendants have a right to check your tickets, especially if you're late and the last one on the plane. Why is riding commercial? Don't he have his own jet?

damienevil

oh please..airlines give out vouchers like candy..ive got a drawer full from united and usair

Jillwade123

When I fly 1st class I have never been asked for boarding pass after I boarded the plane. So I can understand why he thought he may have been profiled, but I do believed he made a big scene for no reason .

bkblueknight

still butthurt from what emimem did to his career.

O

Eminem MURDERED YOU!!!! The flight attendant asked for a ticket because she couldn't believe her eyes seeing a ghost in 1st class

@iAMTIMWILSON

We don't care, no really.. We don't care!

Thomas K.

They don't hate me because I act like a chump, they hate me for my skin color.

I'm a "chump of color."