Gwyneth Paltrow

Getting Trashed on the Internet ...

Is Just Like War

5/29/2014 9:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Gwyenth Paltrow Internet War
Gwyneth Paltrow is comparing meaningless Internet insults to the ravages of war -- real war -- claiming she's been dehumanized by widespread Internet trash-talking ... the same way a real-life soldier is dehumanized by blood, guts, bullets, night terrors, watching his friends die, and PTSD.

Shortly before her appearance at the Code tech conference this week, Paltrow said, "You come across [comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing. It’s almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it."

Paltrow -- whose most recent life struggle was probably a scuffed nail -- added, “My hope is, as we get out of it, we’ll reach the next level of conscience.”

It's basically like that empty statement Tom Cruise made comparing acting to war ... minus all the physical exertion.

Paltrow added, "It’s taken me a long time to get to the point where I can see these things and not take it as a personal affront and a hurt. I see myself as a chalkboard or a whiteboard or a screen, and someone is just putting up their own projection on it."

Cindy McCain -- the wife of John McCain (an actual veteran) -- has already torn Paltrow to shreds on Twitter, writing, "Gweneth Paltrow [sic] is a joke ... Perhaps Gweneth Paltrow should go out on patrol with some soldiers. Kind of like a Red Carpet in her mind I guess!"

And other veterans agree -- a rep for Veterans for Peace tells TMZ, "She doesn't understand what it means to be in real danger ... Not someone talking to you on the Internet, but actually having bullets shot at you."

The rep adds, "I've gone to war and had that kind of fear. She's not in a situation where she can compare the two. She hasn't had to fear for her life and not know whether she'd make it home."

052914_gwyneth_paltrow_launch

amyd

She's a joke. I used to like her as an actor, but now I'll make sure to not watch anything with her in it again. She really is a pompous, arrogant moron. And she has martian ears, weird.

ditzzeechick@yahoo.com

you all are taking her dimwitted comments very seriously and quite out of context, now, in order to understand, you have to pretend you have lived a charmed life where no one is every mean or negative and the world is all butterflies and puppy dog tails. Now move on and stop the name calling. She's 16, try to act at lest 21

tmzluvr

Oh it's personal, Shut your Ugly mouth you stupid bitch!!!

A viewer

Spoiled, self-absorbed, egotistical, PHONY "hippie/earth-mother/diet-guru/designer/all-in-one" idiot. If you can't take it, get out! If you want to stay in it, then shut up.

The Truth

This out of touch, horse faced, flat chested has been needs a reality check, and at some point hopefully life itself will give it to her.

ditzzeechick@yahoo.com

she's just another actress with a platform, move on people....

bkblueknight

this lady stuck her foot calf thigh and half her ass in her mouth just now. she is pathologically stupid. affluenza is real people

Express

Gwyneth Paltrow -- I hope you read this and understand you shouldn't talk. You're an actress so go act and stop trying to be some sort of ambassador. Remember your just an actress -- take away all your money and what do you have Gwyneth? I don't want to feel sorry for you but I kinda do -- you're heads in the clouds girl. Think before you speak !!! Seriously.

Smiley3

Internet abuse can really mess with people's heads. ..probably shouldn't b compared to combat war...but many teenagers have taken their own lives because of Internet bullying...it's a real issue..I just figured by her age she would have grown out of it.

Express

Sashatree

Poor little millionaire. Poor thing. My heart breaks for you. It must be *so* hard reading about how despised you are. Tsk. Tsk. Why don't you book a private island spa retreat for a month or so and work on restoring your inner peace.

Ween

Yawn!!!! Next !!

elle

She doesn't take it personally? What an idiot. It's not that people don't like her clothes or her acting skills, they don't like HER.

crazycanuk

She just keeps showing how much of a stuck up whiny snob she really is day after day. As a person who lost a few family members to war I can personally say it's not a game, it's not a joke, and it's certainly not something to make light about. She wouldn't last one hour in a war zone without her non gluten food and her expensive useless stuffs he tries selling people. She should give a very large donation to a veteran charity.

Big Momma

This entitled, self-evolved woman is absolutely clueless to normal behavior and life. She just LOVES to hear herself talk and must feel SO self -important and smarter than everyone. Trashed on internet equal to war? Movie stars life harder than "regular" housewife/mom? Setiously readers, if anyone even links to her ridiculous website and out of touch life advise, you should be ashamed. I absolutely refuse to see or look at any project she is involved in. Feel the pain Gweenie, while you scope out more $1000 I "can't live with" merxhandise to help make "our" lives better. Nasty Gweenie, nasty.