Gwyneth Paltrow

Getting Trashed on the Internet ...

Is Just Like War

5/29/2014 9:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Gwyenth Paltrow Internet War
Gwyneth Paltrow is comparing meaningless Internet insults to the ravages of war -- real war -- claiming she's been dehumanized by widespread Internet trash-talking ... the same way a real-life soldier is dehumanized by blood, guts, bullets, night terrors, watching his friends die, and PTSD.

Shortly before her appearance at the Code tech conference this week, Paltrow said, "You come across [comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing. It’s almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it."

Paltrow -- whose most recent life struggle was probably a scuffed nail -- added, “My hope is, as we get out of it, we’ll reach the next level of conscience.”

It's basically like that empty statement Tom Cruise made comparing acting to war ... minus all the physical exertion.

Paltrow added, "It’s taken me a long time to get to the point where I can see these things and not take it as a personal affront and a hurt. I see myself as a chalkboard or a whiteboard or a screen, and someone is just putting up their own projection on it."

Cindy McCain -- the wife of John McCain (an actual veteran) -- has already torn Paltrow to shreds on Twitter, writing, "Gweneth Paltrow [sic] is a joke ... Perhaps Gweneth Paltrow should go out on patrol with some soldiers. Kind of like a Red Carpet in her mind I guess!"

And other veterans agree -- a rep for Veterans for Peace tells TMZ, "She doesn't understand what it means to be in real danger ... Not someone talking to you on the Internet, but actually having bullets shot at you."

The rep adds, "I've gone to war and had that kind of fear. She's not in a situation where she can compare the two. She hasn't had to fear for her life and not know whether she'd make it home."

052914_gwyneth_paltrow_launch

Beck

She suffers from PDSD.

Post Dramatic Stress Disorder.

Morticia Cowghoul

WHAT NERVE.
boo. hiss.

msssangel

I could really care less about this lady but do you think she was really being malicous with her word choice? If she would have used Hell instead of War no one would care...well actually someone somewhere still probably would have been offended..oh well I tried.

Nobody Special

ALL These Rich Hollywood Elitist Democratic Know-It-ALL's post every part of their private life on the Internet and then they expect people to say what they want to hear. They Fuch'in Tweet every thought (Without thinking first), they post photos over every family member, every home they live in, every car, and for the Biggest Self-Absorbed Narcissist "KimYe-ast Infection they are the epitome of a Window-MannaKim with the same Expressionless Look on her face like a Goat Stuck on the side of a Mountain. Or a Deer about ready to get hit by a car. Or a Kim-O-Matic Blow-Up Doll complete with the Mouth-Wide-Open Look and her Butterball Butt propped-up to accept any takers, or givers. To Sum it Up, Most of these Low-Level Celebs spend more time on Social Media Tweeting, FaceBook, Selfish-Selfies and Fishing for any and all Complements while Life is passing them by. They all say, "I have 10 Million Followers". NO! You have 10 Million Strangers & Stalkers ready to rob your homes when you tweet you are at a party or the like. Celebs could not make it any easier for bad people to rip them off with information they Tweet every 15 minutes. Nobody in my family does Twitter, Facebook Instagram etc. We e-mail when needed and talk on the phone. I don't even text. Keep giving all your info out Folks, your making jobs for the crooks.

Unbroken Chain

Tell this moron not to share her while life with the world if she can't take it. Noone cares about her if she keeps to herself anymore anyway. She is a has been

JR

Gwyneth, just smile. And for the love of g-d get a script writer!

Just Jay

I didn't like her 20 years ago. I couldn't tolerate the lisp. She grew on me for a moment. Back to not liking her. She needs to shut up and get a good publicist. She is so pretentious and out of touch. Funny since her famous parents seemed down to earth. I agree that she is like a soldier because she keeps ending out in harms way.

Mike

Just when you thought she couldn't be any worse. … My Father served in the Korean War, Grandfather in WWII- trust me Gwennth, your celebrity bashing (most of it deserved BTW) doesn't compare to what these amazing men did for our country or what the suffered for America. Can she just move back to the UK and blog about food, etc.??

gta

Celebs need to just stop talking.

janie

yeah because people you don't know talking **** about you is the same as getting shot at! these poor actors have it soooooooooo bad. maybe the united states should stop funding the people in and out of the armed forces and give the money to these traumatized ******* actors!

Kelly

You don't "come across" the comments section!! You must seek it and read. STUPID COW!

vehvijp143

What an ignorant, self centered, dilusional woman! Tom Cruise and this insane lady should become the next stupid hollywood couple and KICK ROCKS!

chickie

Can this biatch get any more self-important? That is an extremely ignorant and stupid comment that she made. Ship her to the front line and see how she likes being shot at with REAL bullets - I can assure her it won't be quite the same as breaking a freakin' fingernail and thinking her world has come to an end. Sheesh, these Hollywood types shouldn't be allowed to speak on world events - mumble on about your stupid movies and that's it.

Bryskee

Ok, yeah. This is the story that made me create an account. I just have to say ef this dirty skank. This old arse has been and her malnourished skank of a body needs to climb into a cave where maybe, just MAYBE some dirty bottom feeder life form might, and I mean MIGHT, give a spit about her enough to let her ugly arse stay down in the dark where she belongs.

SFSolstice

Perhaps she should get out her shovel and get ready to dig a real hole in her back yard for her Hollywood career. LOL This is one DUMB DUMB DUMB woman who has no idea how good she had it and how bad its about to get in a real hurry. Bye G :-) !