Gwyneth Paltrow

Getting Trashed on the Internet ...

Is Just Like War

5/29/2014 9:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Gwyenth Paltrow Internet War
Gwyneth Paltrow is comparing meaningless Internet insults to the ravages of war -- real war -- claiming she's been dehumanized by widespread Internet trash-talking ... the same way a real-life soldier is dehumanized by blood, guts, bullets, night terrors, watching his friends die, and PTSD.

Shortly before her appearance at the Code tech conference this week, Paltrow said, "You come across [comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it’s a very dehumanizing thing. It’s almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it."

Paltrow -- whose most recent life struggle was probably a scuffed nail -- added, “My hope is, as we get out of it, we’ll reach the next level of conscience.”

It's basically like that empty statement Tom Cruise made comparing acting to war ... minus all the physical exertion.

Paltrow added, "It’s taken me a long time to get to the point where I can see these things and not take it as a personal affront and a hurt. I see myself as a chalkboard or a whiteboard or a screen, and someone is just putting up their own projection on it."

Cindy McCain -- the wife of John McCain (an actual veteran) -- has already torn Paltrow to shreds on Twitter, writing, "Gweneth Paltrow [sic] is a joke ... Perhaps Gweneth Paltrow should go out on patrol with some soldiers. Kind of like a Red Carpet in her mind I guess!"

And other veterans agree -- a rep for Veterans for Peace tells TMZ, "She doesn't understand what it means to be in real danger ... Not someone talking to you on the Internet, but actually having bullets shot at you."

The rep adds, "I've gone to war and had that kind of fear. She's not in a situation where she can compare the two. She hasn't had to fear for her life and not know whether she'd make it home."

052914_gwyneth_paltrow_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Abe

This poor ignorant woman. I'm shocked at how stupid and out of touch famous people can be. Never again will I waste my time watching one of her movies.

naue7

so is she reading my comment just now?

moG

Boo Hoo ...this is the price of fame. Get over it. And suck it up.

Tazz

nobody cares about her goop ass

Celeb Gossip Addict

So she used the term war. That's not enough to elicit a response from John McCain's daughter or anyone else. It does stink to be attacked on the internet until you grow a thick skin toward it. That takes time. I understood what she was saying and don't see the need to be petty about her choice of words.

betseymcqueen

She needs to just stop talking. Every time she speaks, people are reminded of why they can't stand her.

Dee

She's about as clueless as they come.

WowUrDumb

She may be ignorant but I doubt she's as bad as these gossip people make her out to me. Being an out of touch idiot doesn't make you a bad person. She just doesn't have amy perspective other than extreme privilege.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Aw, poor thin skinned little princess. Cry me a river ugly skank

LKB90210

She's all about her. No surprise.

Truth

Face it. If you don't have anything better to do than whine about what Gwyneth whatever says about something, your life is a joke. So, you're just jealous of hers. And, you are DESPERATE for something to whine about.

Chloe Indigo

She just keeps digging herself a bigger and bigger hole. You'd think she would have learned after the working mom remark. How disrespectful to our troops. Just let her keep talking. She needs no help from anyone else to sound like a complete a s s hole. Seriously Gwenyth go visit Arlington National. Cemetary. Or some V.A. Hospital. How can one person be such a dolt and not even know it.

Skywalker

racist white people need to get off the internet

Shaken not stirred

Maybe just stop spewing such bs out of your mouth. That would help. Chill out and go on another juice cleanse.

Truth

She's just a rich kid that never worked a day in her life. The irony is that most of the people around here that hate on her don't work either. HILARIOUS.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments