Maya Angelou

Dispatcher Suspended

Over Oprah Trash Talk During 911 Call

5/30/2014 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

053014_maya_911_operator_launch

An emergency dispatcher who can be overheard in the Maya Angelou 911 call was suspended for criticizing Oprah Winfrey in the middle of the emergency.

John Ruckh -- a dispatcher in Winston-Salem North Carolina for 24 years -- is heard in the background ... making critical comments to someone about Oprah.

Ruckh -- who did not take the actual call -- is heard telling someone that Oprah has fallen out of grace because of an interview she did, where he claims she stated, "There are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die."

Ruckh insists he used no racial slurs during the conversation, saying, "Unfortunately I work in a high-profile job and everything's recorded."

The audio is really hard to hear, but take a listen.

jaynay

Oprah DID say that. I was very offended by her words. But since I'm white, it doesn't matter that I was.offended!! This whole country has been turned to garbage!! Time for nukes!!

stlcardsrock

Oprah really just needs to come out and say she likes fish tacos (gayle)

whiteness

Can someone please tell me what the **** did Oprah have to do with the 911 you suppose to be trying to save lifes not talking ****! !!!

Jeff

This is the result of electing the Great Divider.

MariNapp1

Oh now Oprah can not take criticizing. I'm sick of these stars that were drug addicts etc. they get famous so now they are in the closet who died and made Oprah a God! Please I'm sick of all this crap.

Jeff

This is the result of electing the "Great Divider."

P-Dog

Jeff is right Obama makes everything about poor black people and the evil white man. Ex A black guy is shot by a Mexican and what does Obama say " if I had a son that's what he would look like" all that does is cause more hate crimes, let the judge find the facts and the jury decide. # 2 the cop that arrested a black man as the cop did his job Obama said " he should be fired" before hearing the facts. Both times Obama was wrong! Obama is a racist and it's clearly shown by his actions I'm glad I didn't vote for him. Sad people voted for the worst president in history

Lisa

Don't piss off Oprah.

FoodForThought

Some people are such jokes.

bigfranklittle

Y'all can keep talking all this racist and bigoted (blacks and whites) and blame it on politicians but the fact that someone is having a background conversation on a 911 call has these kind of ramifications should scare the shet out of all of us black white gay straight republican democrat Jewish Christian atheist rich poor educated uneducated unfortunately it will prob take a national disaster for us to wake the F. Up!

NOLA girl

What disgusting hate filled comments.

sunnybarber

The thing that I can't stand about Opry Windbag is her phoney baloney holier than thou attitude.

Im A Lawyer

I didnt understand a word that hillbilly said. He talking abt Oprah when his job was a 911 dispatcher???? Ha!!! Pecker probably makes11.00 hr.

Debbie

I am far from a racist but I am SICK of this CRAP! I am tired of everyone thinking that Opray Winfrey is the utmost in the reliable and truthful wealth of wisdom. Really? What would happen if a "high Profile" white person said that crime and racism would no longer be, if "young" blacks died?

Mike

She was white that's why I bet