« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jon Daly

I Actually Lost $90 MILLION Gambling

... But I Won Some Back

5/31/2014 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0530-john-daly-getty-02John Daly tells TMZ Sports ... he was able to calculate his gambling losses during a 15-year casino binge thanks to tax returns that showed $90 MILLION in losses and only $35 million in wins.

The golf pro recently talked about his betting habit ... and said his net loss was $55 million -- between 1992 and 2007.

"It shocked me," Daly tells TMZ Sports.

Daly says he would keep a detailed record of all of his major gambling sprees -- and when he crunched the numbers, he almost couldn't believe how much cash he lost.

"It was more about the adrenaline than the money ... I loved the action."

John says he would take out million-dollar markers at casinos all over the world to play blackjack -- and recalls often having $600k on the table at one time.

"I would play 7 hands at one time," John said ... noting that he got a rush when people would crowd around the table and watch him play.

Daly says his agents tried to help him take control over his habit but "it was just fun for me."

When asked if he regretted his gambling habit, John didn't give a "yes or no" answer -- but said, "Man, I had a great time."

For the record, John says he NEVER bet on golf -- mainly cards ... and he'd occasionally wager on football and the NBA. Now, he sticks to slots.

"I guess you can say I always liked to take chances. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Just My Opinion

GOOD! Now donate it to a good cause.

Dog And Pony

A fool and his money are soon parted.

NGAPLZ

Idjit

Tracy

Steve Ballmer,
I am on disability in my older age, could you borrow me 100,000 to life out my golden years? Please.

KnuckleDragger

I have to wonder where all that money came from...since he never makes the cut on the PGA Tour.

01void

If you got it go ahead and lose it fool.

teddybayer123

I love the posts that TMZ is too lazy to take down. For example, "Kim K's Divorce Gets Even Nastier" -that's timely, doncha think? Heck, she's Already married AGAIN - WITH A BABY! Come in Harvey, manage the details!

spectrabei

I don't know who you are, but I do know that you are a complete idiot.

spectrabei

Slot's, The last resort for a once "high stakes gambler", What a joke this guy is!

lkelly816

What person with any common sense would reveal this information.

kewljewl

Wow. Yet there are starving homeless children I'm America that could use just a little.bit of that money. Loser

zombie

Too bad he didn't lose that in weight.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Better him than me.

Jeanne

Jon has never tried to be anyone but who he is. He's not egging anyone's property, killing someone who spilt a drink on him, or doing any harm to anyone but himself. He is who he is. By the way to those who say he should donate to a charity, he's donated millions to help children and continues to donate his time.

RaineeDrops

Get help. That is just craziness.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments