Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

01void

He's a joke, move on.

Keelin

I was too busy counting the grammatical errors in his apology to care what he had to say. My final count was around 10, but I probably missed a few.

GreenEyedMonster

U

Bex_N

This 20 year old kid is consistently judged for the things he has said and done over the past 7 years of being in the spotlight. He's doing exactly what I would expect a young man with his resources to be doing. He's a baby for crying out loud, trying to become a man, and poor kid can't catch a break. I think there should really be an age limit for paparazzi and media spotlight in this country. It screws these kids up so bad.

Brandon

dont care dont care dont care

sweetbaby

please just LEAVE AMERICA!!! WE HATE YOU!!!!!!

mkope1

You're a man now? Lmao I don't think so pin cushion, you're a one hit wonder that won't go away. The new vanilla ice. Beat it ball bag

Crabby

the only way he can be truly sorry if he kills himself and does the world a favor.

BIEBER GO HOME!!! ▬(~_-)▬►

But are you sorry for being a Gay little Douche Bag
Destroying out country?

●●●● BIEBER GO HOME ●●●●

blahblahmeme

If Paula Deen was held accountable for something she said 20+ years ago then I think 4 years ago deffintaly warrants shaming.

myopinion

Your apology is accepted...You have grown in the past few weeks...keep up the good work.

Ace

I'm black, and that joke makes me laugh the majority of the time. Everybody needs to calm the **** down.

Faunmax

Idiot.

iak722

Good thing he does not own an NBA franchise !

ariesalyson

And you are a grown man now. Whatever..