Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

bring back recent posts

I guess he is doing what his publicist says, but I don't get why ALL the " rappers" glorify the word " ******" and it is ok. The word has been around for as long as everyone can remember and won't go away long after we all have died. This subject is ridiculous IMO. Move on already.

Im A Lawyer

He should die right along with Zimmerman and Sterling. Truck this little Canadian.

Im A Lawyer

And that joke was funny coming from a little white, canadian boy who think hes BLACK!

boredjohn

Forgive and forget. Or in this case, Forgive the maggot...

James90

He's was clearly joking!

Nettie

Justin is not a racist tmz why are u trying to stir up so much racist **** you guys are lame

James90

Come on! Justin Bieber is far from a racist! All his friends are black n anybody can say the N word now a days, it's just a word that cool people use to make each other more comfortable

tmon3ydadjmbr

Ok, next story please.

Oldfart

Does everything have to be about race on this site ? I thought it was for celeb news am I missing something?

ME

And this is news why? Come on TMZ lets get something better on here and not five yrs old.

Brian

No way. We can't ever forgive the racist. He should be deported for his racism.

aperture

It sounds like his mom is laughing and adding the part at the end about the motorcycle. So, he was obviously repeating what he was taught by his parents.

NGAPLZ

"I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously"

Like his black freeloader boyfriends and that Brazilian tranny that filmed him the morning after?

ivan

https://twitter.com/simoncosyns/status/4727797732160...43008 This shows the writer at The Sun was a friend of the One Direction kids who are involved in a greater scandal; we we know why this came out now. It's an attempt to smear him to divert attention from that scandal. Those tweets are from the Editor of The Sun to Louis of One Direction and the writer of that article who posted the video-this stinks to high heaven!

verlinda

Why is TMZ posting this now ???