Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

holly

Beiber comes from the area in Ontario that's far right . it's just ahal hour drive to Canada"S Clan Country hicks in London Ontario..hay seeds so it"s good he got away at least.

karla

i dont ****in care biber but the fact that the media pulled that up now shows they're desperate to make him look bad for a stupid joke 5 years ago, let's move on and posted GREAT and INTERSTING NEWS

Bateman77

He's not a girl...not yet a woman.

Frank Talatzko

I guess we have no choice and we'll just have to revoke his basketball now

gluver

Now let's see if he has to sell all of his songs to the owner of Microsot.

wesley

Another puppet....sorry I talk a joke...man up and say yeah I told that joke so what....don't be a little *****....just cause u hang out with them now...

bring back recent posts

X amount of people in EVERY culture on the planet call someone who is different than them some " word".......most who do it are just following the leader, it really only matters at the end of the day when it causes violence . The majority of the people who use a offensive word to a opposite race don't even have intention of hurt or repercussion, etc.....the evil is with the lowest percent who want to instigate harm, and mankind has being doing that since beginning of time and it will not end. So again, peeps need to distinguish who really is meaning hate and harm and those who are just frankly repeating what they have learn't as they are growing up.

cristiana

I am not a bieber fan, but that was a very well said apology. very nice! could it be he is finally maturing? I would love to see that happen!

jeannie

Although I wish he would go back to where he came from, I realize a 15 year old does not use their brains. It was stupid to say but he doesn't appear to be racist. He hangs with people that aren't all white.

Openfly

I gotta say if those are HIS words there just may be hope for him yet.Now about that mop bucket incident...

Misfitttt

he didn't write that! his PR people did! what a racist loser!

stacydavenport

This racist comment is just stupid, when I was a child we were saying eeny meeny miny moe catch the ***** by the toe, this don't make me a racist, I don't like gay peoples views does this make me a bully or a racist no, I don't like drug addicts or alcoholics, I'm just wondering if this is going to make me racist, nope.

david 183

Can't we speak our mind without everybody complaining. He didn't say it to somebody to insult them. It was a joke between his friends. I'm sure everybody has said something racist at some point . Should everybody walk around being judged the rest of there lives. Time to move on already .

Jim

Nice try Justin, but we all know that was a press release by your publicist. Yeah, you were 15 at the time, and in reality, it doesn't "count", but you're still an immature POS druggie, that is starting to realize your cash flow is being affected by your mouth & your actions.

meh

The worst part about this is that at the end of the video there is an adult laughing and encouraging it..