Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Yup....predictable....now let's move on

TuxThePenguin

3 stories on Bieber in one day. ugh. this site is going down the crapper...

BLUE UGLY 💩

A sorry is not enough. You must go back to Canada too

Anonymous

I can't stand this punk, but even I have to give him a pass for saying something stupid at only age 15.

Alie

For the first and most likely the last time, I will say this: good for him. As the first poster said, let's move on.

TheOne

B.S. only sorry cause he was caught.

Gordo

If you're so *grown up* now
put a shirt on and pull your pants up

Jan

Why do I think his publicist wrote that???

SweetCheeks

He shouldn't have had to apologize. A joke is a damn joke get over it

Carl

Of course he's turned out to be a douchey loser, but still this is kind of sad of you TMZ. You try to claim the high road by saying you didn't publish it at the time, but are now milking it for all its worth just because someone else published it now.

BDiddy

I might hate the lil douchebag. But, I actually believe him. We all do dumb sh*t at that age, and don't know what were saying..

Jay W.

Paula Deen ring a bell... ?

Kelly

"As a young man" ? Well what are you now, an old man? 15 is a boy. And he's only sorry he got caught.

Areukiddingme?

Wow, I hope you paid the publicist who wrote "your" apology really well. He (or she) earned it.

Sillywilly

I'm a jackass, I'm sorry. I'm a jackass, I'm sorry. I'm a jackass, I'm sorry...everyone just needs to 'apologize'.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments